East Coast Rally Fall 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

We are booked back in Florida early December.  I went on to see if there is going to be a Fall Rally anywhere on the east coast this fall?, but can't see any.  If so, when and where?

Ed

Wherever you choose and whenever you say ... that's how most RV Forum Rallys have been organized, east or west.

Margi

We have no plans to organize our usual Southeast Fall Rally this year, Ed.  It's been a hectic 18 months for Nancy & I and we just don't have the energy to do it.

We are getting together with some friends in September, though. I'll give the date and place shortly, and any who wish can come as well

RV Roamer said:
We have no plans to organize our usual Southeast Fall Rally this year,

Gary,

For what it's worth, I took several turns organizing rallies out west.  I got sort of  burned out being " in charge."  I always felt  on duty and indeed questions were always asked about what was next on the day's agenda and where was happy hour etc etc. 

So I announced that I would organize a rally after each participant had a turn being in charge.  After some pregnant pauses, several stepped up with hands raised.  In fact we now have a couple of rallies going  on in west this spring.

I think it is  important for Forum members to know the only requirement for a rally is to say  I'll be at  xyz park on  abc dates.  Ya'll come. Here is the phone number to make your reservation.
You and Nancy clearly deserve a bit of retirement in this area.
Betty

Thanks, Betty. You shouldered more than your share of the organizing as well. Nancy & I have organized rallies for the Eastern US forum people since 1998, so it has become a tradition of sorts. We've had help, of course, but it seems we've always had to lead the way.  We need more people to do this sort of thing. No permissions needed, just do it.

Thanks Gary, at this point I think any rally that I'd plan is one that maybe Marc and I could plan here in the Maritimes, but it would need to be late June or early September.  I don't know the south east well enough to make any reasonable choice for a rally.  Also, September is far too early for us, given your government's 6 months and then the welcome wears out, that would take us back north in February (BRRRRRRR).

Ed

Think about having a Maritime or New England rally in the future, though.  A rally in Maine in 2000 was well attended and there hasn't been a rally up that way since.

I would be willing to assist and the planning and execution of a rally almost anyplace in the Northeast.

Rick

I'm having a rally at Moose Creek Camp in St Johnsbury, Vt starting tomorrow and continuing to Arcadia on the 12th.  Campground tbd.

Mid to late November, and we're in.  As for next year, we will have to see, I haven't seen Marc jump in, but if I recall, he usually vacations the first 2 weeks of August, so he may be without wifi.  Barb, Grand Sault is too far north in NB to be a centre point to see the Maritimes, besides even a few miles south is where one of the little gem's of a Park is located, just south of Perth, NB.

Ed

Barb said:
I think Grand Falls NB, would be a great place for a rally. Canadians would stay in Canada, and Americans would be able to see some great sites.

We passed through Grand Falls and stopped at the picnic/tourist area. Nice place. You could also 'rally' across the Renous HW stopping to fly fish along the way.  Who wouldn't want to take a 100mile logging road turned HW where there are no conveniences  (ie gas) for the full stretch.

I'd suggest we meet around St Andrews, or even Campobelo Island, much more scenic, and along the one of the world's natural sights, the Bay of Fundy.  But, if the consensus is Grand Falls, I'm ok with it.  However, while it is on the NB/ME border there is no border crossing there,  and would not be easy to from the Maine side, OTOH it would take you almost to the northern extremity of US 1, which most people have seem only the other extremity at Key West.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom