Not a rally, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Nancy & I aren't planning on organizing a Southeast Fall Rally this year. Maybe we are a little gun shy, since our plans for the last one ended up in a horrendous highway accident, or maybe just a little low on our energy level.

But we are meeting up with Dave & Jeanette Reavis and Dave & Joanne Derway at the Cedars of Lebanon State Park near Lebanon, TN, on or about 9/16 and plan to stay til around 9/22. If anybody is in the area, feel free to stop by and spend a few days with us.  The park is large and does not accept reservations, so no plans needed.  The only proviso is, please don't ask us what to do next or where to go to dinner or when to start happy hour, cause we ain't organizing nuttin! It's just friends camping together.

UPDATE: SORRY BUT WE HAVE CANCELED THIS GET-TOGETHER DUE TO HEALTH REASONS.  Had to get Nancy back to Florida for cancer treatments.

Wish we could join you, sounds like our kind of "rally'..    Maybe you will do another similar one next spring as we will be in the east then, got to check on the new great grand babies!  VBG

We won't be going that far east but will be back at our lot by Oct 1 so feel free to come and see us.  There is plenty of room to park.

Wish we could joing you guys!  Would love to meet some of the great folks from the forum here, however, we are going to be not too far away at Dale Hollow State Park for 8 wonderful days.  Keep us posted and perhaps we can make the next "not a rally"  Have fun and be safe  :)

As the rallies get larger, they take more day-to-day and hour-to-hour coordination so that everybody is on the same page, so to speak. When we had small gatherings, 3-5 rigs, we just hollered out "anybody ready for a cocktail?"and happy hour started. But with 15-20 rigs spread over an acre or two of RV park, that doesn't work. And letting 15-20 people know that somebody (the host?) decided that dinner would be at xyz restaurant at 6:30 is a major communications exercise, plus you need to make sure everybody knows how to get there.  I'm reminded of the old story about the difference between making strawberry shortcake dessert for 4 people as opposed to 400. Same recipe, but the logistics are entirely different.

Jim G,

We will be leaving sometime the second week of May.

I LIKE it, an UN-Rally!  Cool!  I will keep it in mind, I have no idea what my future plans are.

I always vote for the pot-luck dinners, cause it's fun to taste every body's cooking and share some of my own.

Folks keep asking me, like I'm supposed to be organized or something, where I plan to be next.  :eek: I found the park I am in now, because a month ago, I got hopelessly lost and ended up in it.  It was so delightful, I stayed 4 days, even though I was supposed to be on a mission else where.

I found a really cool spot again and paid for a week, now I'm thinking it's SO COOL, (weather-wise)  I should go back to the office and pay for the month.  Then I wonder what if my feet get itchy before my month is up...  Besides, I have to break down, pack up, just to go to the grocery store, (20 miles away) but I'm thinking, even if I stay a month, I can probably just go to the store once and stock up for another two-three weeks.  (No tow car, just me and the RV and the ridiculous puppy dog)

This time, I deliberately headed for this spot on purpose, and darn if I didn't get lost again, plus I went thorugh this gawd-awful storm that about blew me into another state. Somehow, I still ended up here, coming in the wrong way.  I was beginning to think I had DREAMED up this campground, and it didn't really exist at all. 

I had no reservations and stumbled in white knuckled and drippy wet,  quite was shocked when the host remembered me from last month.  Maybe it's easy to remember a goofy mermaid...

I take my work with me where ever I go, so that makes life sort of easier. 

So...un-count me in, the un-rally!  I might just show up! ;D

Gary,
At our rally at Catalina activities are decided by the group at happy hour. Individuals in the group take care of making sure those not at happy hour are aware the the times/places - but everyone is certainly free not to join in any particular activity.

As the official "non-hosts" we host happy hour and make a few suggestions for activities and may arrange a dinner or a four wheel ride. Last year Marie and Chuck volunteered to help with some activities and we are hoping they do so again this year. Russ has always hosted the New Years party.

Your rally will be different than the past, but still it will be good and it will probably be more fun for you as "Hosts"

We can't be there this year, but if you continue (or someone picks up the leadership), we hope to attend in the near future.

Have fun,

ken

We do pretty much the same when we 'rally', Ken. It's a community decision rather than a pre-planned program.  But in larger groups, somebody has to take the lead or nothing much happens.

Hope you can catch up with us in the future. Somewhere, some time...

We are new RV campers, but have spent many nights in tents. I'm glad to see some people are visiting our neck of the woods. I have been reading post and it seems a lot of things are happening in the western states. We leave tomorrow for Land  Between The Lakes in Western Kentucky.

Enjoy, Land Between the Lakes! We were very impressed with that area and the State Park CG,s there, are first class. In fact, Kentucky has an excellent State Park system. If needed, you can even make reservations on-line.

Marie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom