Free WiFi at campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blackwell Island RV Resort
800 S Marina Dr
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
1-888-571-2900.

flat sites, sat friendly, big rig friendly
WiFi great form center of park, so-so from right angle to antenna.

American RV Park & Sales
4345 W. Hwy 31
Corsicana, TX 75110

903-872-0233

http://www.americanrvcorsicana.com

Being the installer and a long term visitor and user of the system, we used an 18 dbi omni antenna on the office building and 2 Wireless B/G repeaters. Comments have been great by park overnighters who have said it works better than many they have used. Reading off the 2nd repeater and on a good day for the cable company, speeds can reach 1500kbps. Currently we have a 150 rig rally in the camp and they're parked so close together that some built-in wifi laptops are having issues but the ones with USB adapters are doing fine.

Orange Grove RV Park
1452 Edison Road
Bakersfield, CA 93307-9166
661-366-4662
www.orangegrovervpark.com
Nice "get ready" stop before starting up either the Grapevine on I-5 or the Tehachapi Pass on 58 East.

We stayed there last night (3/16/06) and wifi was excellent.  They said wifi does not reach every site in the park, so you have to request a site that is wifi friendly when you reserve or check in.  We stayed in Site 135.  They honor Good Sam discount with a credit card, but if you've stayed there before (we have. many times) there is a flat $4.00 discount off their $33 per night rate for repeat customers if you pay with cash or check.

We picked about a dozen and a half delicious tree-ripe oranges -- orange picking devices atop a long pole are available for your use at the office, but Tom was tall enough to get the job done without bothering with the pole.  They encourange guests to pick the ripe oranges because windfall oranges attract ants.  (With the number of guests picking last night, ants don't stand a chance!)  They have increased the size of the park and now have 185 sites, many with land line available.  Each site has at least two mature orange trees on either side.  It's long been one of our favorite stops.

Margi

Hi Tom and Margi

Was surprised to see you stopping in Bakersfield because we thought you were still in Brookings.  Where are you heading to?  We will be here at Happy Trails until the end of March and then Camp Verde for a week or so heading to Moab for the May rally.

Free WiFi Campground

Capitol City RV Resort
Hiway 231
Montgomery, AL

Yes I have stayed there
Unsecured Connection, speed Good, not excellent.

Aquia Pines in Stafford, VA has free wifi. However they have raised their rate from $44/night to $50/night! I'd rather pay the $3/day fee they used to have for wifi. :)

I believe they have the cost folded into the rate in most cases.  Nothing is really free anymore.  Someone is paying and most of the time it is us.

LOL Carl, they actually tell you that you can have as many oranges as you can pick "for your own consumption". To avoid damaging the trees, they suggest you borrow one of their poles with a small basket at the top to use for picking the fruit. But there's a limited time on the loan of the pole, so they suggest you get parked and set up before going back to the office for a pole.

Found free WIFI at two parks this week.

The Ranch (SKP)
CR 31
Lakewood, NM
505-457-2303
Great reception and speed

Parkview RV Park
Rt 285 S
Ft Stockton, TX
800-344-0103
OK Connection and Speed (Needs better antenae)

Why does a guy with a roof mount dish need free WiFi Jeff?  ;D

Now you tell me that the dish won't work under trees! Back to the tripod.

When I hooked up to The Ranch's WIFI it was faster than DWay and I hadn't been up on the roof yet! I'm not proud, using free WIFI works and is a lot easier to take down!

Tonight after trying to stay on the park's WIFI and getting poor signal strength I ran up the old Sat and am probably one of two happy campers here tonight. ;D

Good enough Jeff. Whatever works. I suspect I'll still use my t-mobile card in some locations.

Back
Top Bottom