Used Holiday Rambler Motor home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aad

Hello all.
We are still looking for our first motor home. 2 previous deals fell through, so it's been a frustrating experience buying our first rig.
We are currently considering a 2000 Holiday Rambler 35PBD with low miles and a Ford chassis. Does anyone have any information on these motor homes?
It looks clean and in good condition. A concern is the fact that Monaco Coach, the owner of H/R, filed for bankruptcy in 2009 and was subsequently bought by Navistar. My concern is the availability of parts if Navistar does not resume production. Does anyone have any information on this?
Thanks in advance for your valued opinions. Sometimes it's tough being a "Newbie".

Allen from Massachusetts

Everything except body parts can be had at any RV dealer or online.  Remember, HR like every other manufacturer uses the exact same appliances and fixtures.  Chassis again was manufactured by someone, but who has ever heard of replacing a chassis?

Monaco has been back in business under the Navistar stewardship for almost a year now. The chassis, of course, is a Ford anyway.

RV manufacturers aren't great on providing body and interior parts for older RVs, but what they have will be available to you. And most of the components are from industry standard vendors like Atwood, Dometic, etc.

I have a 1995 Holiday Rambler.  They excel at having replacement parts.  I've ordered trim pieces and even a large baggage door that was damaged in an accident.  In the case of the baggage door, they fabricated me a brand new one from the blueprints they have on hand.

Great MHs.

I LOVE my Endeavor. However, Monaco has treated me like a pariah. As I posted before, they call my 1996 a dinosaur. Most of the parts and pieces can be found, though. if you look hard enough.

Back
Top Bottom