Mini Rally at Yellowstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
On Thursday Ken & Sheila Kuch arrived at Yellowstone for a short stay. Friday morning Pancake Bill made breakfast for all of us. It was really great to see Ken & Sheila as it has been five years! I took a few pictures to make it official.

Attachments

• IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    600.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    561.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    627.3 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the pictures.  All of you look great and wish we were there too.

Looks like fun.  I hope that we can be there in about 3 weeks.

PhilB

Thanks for the pictures, wish we were there too.  I spent the day helping to engineer the upper cabinet installations.  Seems our wall and sofit are not straight nor to the proper dmensions.

Today is texturing the walls where things didn't fit and painting.  Monday is the measuring day for the counter top and Tuesday and Wednesday are hopefully going to finish the cabinets.  Thursday will be installing door/drawer handles and the microwave.  Friday who knows what evil lurks in this house but I'll bet it is plumbing.  :'(  Another 2 to 3 weeks of this is left!!

Lorna said:
Thanks for the pictures.  All of you look great and wish we were there too.

Come on over!!! I'm told September is the best month. Kids are gone and weather is still good. Looking forward to it. Should be great for photography.

Ron from Big D said:
Wish we were there with you.  We will be in Colorado for the month of September.

Ron,

You won't be that far away. Come on over and we can try some photography. We will have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off.

Hi Jim,

We knew you were really busy so didn't bother you when we had to take the truck to Bozeman for work. I did contact Steve & Jodie. They were on the road and will be busy until September. Hoping we all can get together sometime before we leave. Starting this week Bill and I will have one day a week off at the same time.

I'm sure the kitchen is taking a lot of your time. It will be worth it when done but painful during the process. :)

Sheila and I had a great time visiting with Bill & Jolene and Jim & Pat. We had a chance to have lunch with Bill & Jolene and dinner with Jim & Pat. We want to express a special thanks to Bill for being our host AND for the pancake breakfast. I still remember the one in Massachusetts 10 years ago!

We hope to make it back in the fall when it is a little less crowded.

We are in Missoula tonight on our way to Glacier National Park (West side first).

Jim,

We are beginning to see some open times while we wait for things to happen,  a couple of days next week may be one of those times.  Let us know about things there and maybe we can get up there on a day trip if we are in a waiting period.

Pat's first surgery is now scheduled for Sept. 21, she has a physical before that but I don't recall when but it is in early Sept about 2 weeks before surgery.  I will have a few exams over the time  but they are all one day things.  I hope to be able to go to altitude again so will have the pulmonary testing to see if some of the exercising has helped.  Hope, Hope!!!  If not, will have to see about short term O2 use like for the Beartooth Hwy to Cody etc.  I gave out at about 9,000' on the last try. 

Jim:  I thought that place pretty well shut down after Labor Day.  We'll see what develops.  I'm not sure I can cover everything I want to in Colorado during that time.  Heck, you might think about heading our way if it gets cold.  We almost got snowed in there one year.  Got lots of snow right after Labor Day.

Ron

Ron,

This is the other Jim in MT.  Snow in Yellowstone is any time, summer, fall, spring and especially winter.  September is one of the best times to visit.  Fewer people, the animals are more available etc., etc.  Here in the Gallatin Valley, August is the only month without snow recorded in the valley.  There has been snow on the local mountains just not in the valley, i.e., below 6,000'

Great being able to show off our park and to flip some pancakes for friends, it has been awhile. 

Sept is great here, nd yes real good possibility for snow, you do realize the snow on Sept 11, 1988 is what finally put out the big fires that year. 

The latest news of the escapees coming in is weird, didn;t realize criminals were such nature lovers.  We are being more cautious. 

Jim Godward said:
Jim,

We are beginning to see some open times while we wait for things to happen,  a couple of days next week may be one of those times.  Let us know about things there and maybe we can get up there on a day trip if we are in a waiting period.

Jim,

We now have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Bill has Wednesday and Thursday off. Would love to see you anytime you can make it. Just let us know so we won't make other plans.

Ron,

We can't leave here until 16 October. Probably will see snow but it shouldn't last long. We'll be headed south to AZ after that and then head east to Florida. Want to be back by mid December. Everyone says September is the best month here.

Jim Dick said:
We now have Tuesday and Wednesday off.

We plan to visit you on Tuesday, Aug 31 if that will work?  We have a reservation at the Grizzly in West Yellowstone arriving Thursday and departing Wednesday, 9/1. 

PhilB

I play in town on Weds night, coffee house close to the Grizzly.  Bluegrass, country, folk, old rock. 

Dates work pretty well for us.  (speaking for Jim & Pat)

PancakeBill said:
I play in town on Weds night, coffee house close to the Grizzly.  Bluegrass, country, folk, old rock. 

Dates work pretty well for us.  (speaking for Jim & Pat)

Darn!  We leave for SLC on Wednesday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom