newcomer needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1968aj

this is the first time on thisforum and im looking for some advice or opinions  i have been looking for a class a motorhome .well im going to pick one up tomorrow.its a 1984 allegro bay.its at aprice i can afford.it has two rooftop a/c but will only run 1 at atime .it trips a breaker when you turn them both on.other than this problem it runs and drives down the road .it has 60000miles  and a 454 engine. i really dont know what else to look for i figure if  it has cold a/c starts and drives good it should be worth 4000$. im new here and it looks like i will be hanging around.

1968aj said:
this is the first time on thisforum and im looking for some advice or opinions  i have been looking for a class a motorhome .well im going to pick one up tomorrow.its a 1984 allegro bay.its at aprice i can afford.it has two rooftop a/c but will only run 1 at atime .it trips a breaker when you turn them both on.other than this problem it runs and drives down the road .it has 60000miles  and a 454 engine. i really dont know what else to look for i figure if  it has cold a/c starts and drives good it should be worth 4000$. im new here and it looks like i will be hanging around.

You have a 30 amp electrical system and so therefore you can only run one a/c at a time.

I bought my 1985 Allegro last year for $2600 with 24k miles on it and a 454 engine (however only one a/c). I immediately had to spend $900 for a set of 6 tires. It is worth every penny. I live in it full time. Wonderful RV. Highly recommended.

Welcome to the RVForum 1968rj.

There is a wealth of information in the library on all sorts of stuff.  Just click the library button above and look around.

As Tom mentioned you probably only have 30amp service so you will not be able to run both A/Cs at the same time.  You can purchase a separate Energy Management System that will alternately run both A/Cs.
Also the first thing you need to check is the age of your tires.  You need to learn how to read the tire code to see when they were manufactured.  Any tires older than 6-7 years need to be replaced immediately even if they look good.

Have fun!

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom