difference between leveling system and level stabilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bb21992

Looking to purchase a Class c and am trying to educate myself on what I may be buying.  Please differentiate the leveling system and leveling stabilizer or jacks.  I am not sure if I am using the right terminology.  I want to purchase a used unit and want to be informed prior to any negotiations.  Thanks.    ???

Levelers (also called jacks) can be used to actually level the RV by lifting the frame.  Stabilizers are used once the RV is level, usually using blocks under the wheels, and are only for reducing the bouncing of the RV when walking around in it.

If a class C has a leveling system (Levelers) that means you can level it from inside using buttons. This usually is a hydraulic system. If it doesn't have Levelers then you have to level it with blocks under the wheels. (I use 2"x6" and 1"x6" blocks of wood). Once it is level you place stabilizers http://tweetys.com/24levelingscissorsjacks.aspx on each corner snugged up tight to the frame. This keeps the RV from moving around when you move around in the RV.

Thanks for the education.  I will put those tips on my buying list when I go shopping.  :D

Back
Top Bottom