Custom Bed Spreads???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orick

We replaced our sleep number bed with a Beauty Rest Pillow Top and love it but the OEM bead spread isn't nearly "deep" enough for the new, much thicker mattress.

Does anyone know of someplace that might specialize in making us a new one with deeper "pockets" so it will cover the entire height of our matress?  Didn't see anything pop up on a search.

Thanks,

Rick

A picture is worth a 1,000 words...  if you can post one.

Do you want to covert the existing bed spread or make a whole new one?  How many sides of the bed are open?  I'm assuming 3 sides, from the problem you describe.

But do you tuck your bedspread in or let it hang down?  Is it thick like a comforter or thin like a spread or quilted?  A regular seamtress can help you if it's not a big thick bulky spread, otherwise an uphsolterer can help you.  Anyone that does custom drapery can generally do bedspreads as well.

A coordinating dust ruffle could be sewn to the existing bedspread, giving it the extra length.  You don't have to actually buy the dust ruffle (bed skirt) but could buy coordinating material and have it sewn on, ruffle style.

I found this link for custom bedspreads:

http://fashionwindowtreatments.com/shopexd.asp?id=103

DearMissMermaid said:
A picture is worth a 1,000 words...  if you can post one.

Do you want to covert the existing bed spread or make a whole new one?  How many sides of the bed are open?  I'm assuming 3 sides, from the problem you describe.

But do you tuck your bedspread in or let it hang down?  Is it thick like a comforter or thin like a spread or quilted?  A regular seamtress can help you if it's not a big thick bulky spread, otherwise an uphsolterer can help you.  Anyone that does custom drapery can generally do bedspreads as well.

A coordinating dust ruffle could be sewn to the existing bedspread, giving it the extra length.  You don't have to actually buy the dust ruffle (bed skirt) but could buy coordinating material and have it sewn on, ruffle style.

I found this link for custom bedspreads:

http://fashionwindowtreatments.com/shopexd.asp?id=103

Thanks for the reply and the link.  That looks like a possibility. I don't have a photo to post but it's the stock spread that came with the new coach.  Think fitted sheet, that's only fitted at the foot.  It doesn't tuck in... even with the original matress it wasn't designed to be long enough to do that.  We could get a "dust ruffle" type of thing sewed on but the spread is pushing 4 years old and with 3 dogs sharing it with us it's ready to be retired.

Thanks again.

Rick

Find a quilter, take measurements and pick colors.  I would search for custom quilt.  Normaly a quild is rectangular, do you need to have the fitted corners or can it just hang?

We found that we really like the fitted corners.  I've attached small clips out of sight which hold the foot of the spread in place nicely and it works out well for us.  I think I will look for a custom shop and maybe take our old one in.

Thanks much...

Ahh, the old bedspreads from hell, as Margi and I once referred to them.  I absolutely hated mine, and gave it away.  Bought a much lighter weight bedspread in a regular dept. store, in a color to match the other decor.  We are much more comfortable with it.  At night, it can be folded up at the foot of the bed, or in cold weather we use it.  It has a tight weave so that our body heat stays in and is so light weight that we sleep much more comfortably in it.  With the original one, we always had to move it to the living area of the RV and back again in the morning.  It was really too heavy to use.  What a waste.

Daisy

Daisy, we had the original in the coach in perfect condition when we bought the coach, put it away when we were at the house, but with leaving and selling, I put it on eBay and it sold.  Cost more to ship it than I got for it, but they paid the shipping.

Good idea Bill.  Ours went to a daughter up in Maine who really appreciated it in the winter up there.  Our situation pre-dated a rampant e-bay.  I'm older than dirt as you well know.....! ;D

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom