EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Shake down weekend  (Read 1461 times)

82corvette

• ---
Shake down weekend
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:28:35 PM »
We got to go to Branched Oak Lake this weekend to check out the new to us Jayco. It is a lot bigger inside than our Terry was but I wish I had the crankout bedroom windows from the Terry! Jayco uses a lever to pop out the bedroom windows, it doesn't latch securely in the open position. It could pop out and hit you at night while you sleep! The Terry had a rear bedroom and while we kept our mattress it seems shorter with the Jayco front bedroom because the front wall slants back so far. The fresh water tank is smaller on the Jayco, causing me to have to carry water!  The sconce style lamps above the bed are an awful idea and hard on the head. I like the front pass thru storage except for the carpeted boxes in the bedroom. We love the large picture window in living room on the Jayco. I wish I could combine the good Jayco and the good Terry items, but all in all we are happy with the trailer and now I have some changes & upgrades to keep me busy.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:01:05 AM by 82corvette »
2012 Ram 1500 Crewcab Hemi,6spd. Auto,3:92 posi,Rambox, Airlift,B&W turnover hitch for future
2004 Jayco Eagle 308FBS Sold now looking
happy wife
mostly happy teen daughter
crazy Beagle named Shirley RIP

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Shake down weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 10:28:17 PM »
It will take you awhile to personalize it, but it's fun. We changed out the sconce lights in the bedroom on our coach too - they were ugly, got in the way, and not very useful either!
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network