flexsteel captains chair repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johann

I need to replace the remote release cable on my flexsteel captains chair on the drivers side. In order to do so one must remove the right arm rest. I have pushed it in and moved it up and back but it will not come off. Is there some trick to this? Does anyone know how to do it? I have a 1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE.

I've been told this is the procedure. Never tried it myself. Good luck!

- Position armrest straight up.
- Push the armrest in (towards the seat back) by applying pressure at the pivot point.
- Still holding it pushed in, rotate it to the rear as far as it will go (if you do this right, you'll see that will rotate much farther to the rear than normal).
- Now pull the armrest out of the seat back.

One comment on that "PUSH IT IN" bit... I'm 6'3" by 330 pounds. I can pick up over 200 pounds and carry it (Short distances) and I can not push that arm rest in far enough by hand.

I put my knee into the job and it comes right off.

Use your KNEE to push. Put your foot down (on the floor or a short step stool) and press in with your knee putting all your body weight behind that the push.

Thanks, I never did get the arm off but was able (with a great deal of patience) to fish the cable thru the arm and into the chair. I tried pushing on that arm until I had blisters on my knee.

Back
Top Bottom