4th Annual New Year's Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
4th Annual New Year?s Rally at Catalina State Park, Oro Valley, AZ

Sheila and I plan on arriving at Catalina State Park on December 24th and will probably leave on January 2nd. Every year some have stayed longer. Most arrive later than we do, but usually one or two proceed us.

As in past years there will be a "few" planned activities
* Happy Hour every day the weather allows (hopefully with limited munchies)
* Group dinner (or lunch or both) out
* Our New Years Day hike - an easy loop hike one morning (there is a beautiful ?moderate? hike up to Romero pools for those that want a little more challenge)
* At least one ride
* New Years Eve (prior years has always been Russ?s coach. Last year with the larger group we had open house between Russ?s coach and our coach)
* Anything else the group decides. Past years we have gone to the movies etc.

Catalina State Park is a beautiful setting, but close to restaurants and shopping. Catalina is north of Tucson off Oracle Road (Hwy 77)

Caveat: Catalina is a NO reservation park. First come, first serve. We will be in campground "B" which has 74 sites (water and 50/30 amp electric). Nearby Campground "A" electric (&water) has 24 sites (close via walking path). In the past all have found space, but there can be no guarantees.

Please post here if you plan to join us for all or part of the time.

Look forward to seeing old friends and making new friends.

Ken & Sheila

Betty, Jeff and Bernie,

I glad you are all going to return to Catalina!
It appears that Arizona dropped its plans to add a reservations system. Probably because they were totally distracted by the States financial crisis. I had hoped that this would be in place for this years rally.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
4th Annual New Year?s Rally at Catalina State Park, Oro Valley, AZ

Please post here if you plan to join us for all or part of the time.

Ken,

Linda and I will be attending. Our arrival time will probably be the 26th or 27th. We will have to drive all the way from south Tucson (Voyager RV Resort). We will depart on the 3rd day of the new year.

R

I really wish we could make this rally. However, we have kids and grandkids that take our attention this time of year. Chris and I are usually "camped" for the holidays in the kids' 5th wheel in their side yard in the Sierra foothills. There's usually white stuff there. Lemme see if we can juggle the schedule a little; Maybe Santa could come early this year?

Attachments

• snow_5W.jpg
    snow_5W.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 57
Hi.. just checking in.  We will be leaving Corpus Christi, TX on the 27th of December and was planning on returning back to Surprise,AZ on the 30th of December.  Just found out about your Rally.  Have to see if we can fit it in.  No real reason to be in Surprise,AZ for New Years.<grin>
joe and cricket lacey

Joe,

Hope you decide to come.
Hey, do you remember the Hershey, PA RV Show in 1994? We went to dinner with Gary Lee and a couple from New Jersey.

ken

Hi Ken..... I remember it only because you mentioned it..... Geeze, that was back in the days of the acoustic coupler<grin>.  Cricket just woke up and I told her about our modified plans to join you.  She is excited!  We have never been to Catalina State Park... will have to find it.  We will be in the Tumbleweed (17' Casita) so there should be a spot we can fit in.

-joe

As much as we enjoyed the rally last year we will not be there this year.  We have to make a long trip in the spring and find we can't do everything we would like to do.    :'(

Marie and Chuck,  Glad you our able to join us again.

Jim, Sorry to hear you can't join us this year - But I certainly understand, we are balancing what we will do all the time and never seem to be able to do it all.

ken

Hi all
We will be at Desert Trails RV Park south of Tucson for Dec and Jan. Meeting members from the forum sounds like a good way to start the New Year... we plan to come for a day or so.
Hope to meet you there TOM.... that snow covered rig does not look inviting  :)
H
PS It will be our first meeting with the forum group

Depending on our work schedule, we may be in attendance this year.  We shall see.  Still aren't drfinite on the winter gig yet.

Foxysdad said:
Meeting members from the forum sounds like a good way to start the New Year... we plan to come for a day or so.
PS It will be our first meeting with the forum group

Hey  Foxysdad,

Your first meeting of RV Forum group will be a  fun one.  All of us have tales to tell of our first  RVForum meeting.  Catalina in Tucson is a very good place to meet fellow forum  members. Come on aboard with an early welcome from all of us.

Betty

[quote author=Foxysdad]Hope to meet you there TOM.... that snow covered rig does not look inviting[/quote]

That's not our rig or our house; It's our daughter's 5th wheel alongside her house at 3500 feet in the Sierra foothills. We use it as granny quarters when we visit  ;D

Christmas/new years is a time we usually spend with family, so we probably won't be at Catalina SP. Right now, Quartzsite in beyond our planning horizon. But, as others have said, you'll have a great time with this group, irrespective what your interests are.

Current List
for Dec 2010/ Jan 2011

Brewer
Cousins
Dobrin
Kelly/St Johns
Marie&Chuck K
Kuch
Lacey
Sharp

Maybe:
Bill&Jolene