4th Annual New Year's Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margi,
You asked for it!

Attachments

• Happy 2011 [800x600].jpg
    Happy 2011 [800x600].jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Happy New Year RV Forum [800x600].jpg
    Happy New Year RV Forum [800x600].jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Marlene and Bernie [800x600].jpg
    Marlene and Bernie [800x600].jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Randy and Debbie [800x600].jpg
    Randy and Debbie [800x600].jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Real Man Randy [800x600].jpg
    Real Man Randy [800x600].jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Russ [800x600].jpg
    Russ [800x600].jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Sue and Betty [800x600].jpg
    Sue and Betty [800x600].jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Host Russ 2010 [800x600].jpg
    Host Russ 2010 [800x600].jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 24
And the fun keeps happening.

Attachments

• Terry and Ray [800x600].jpg
    Terry and Ray [800x600].jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Tim and Jan [800x600].jpg
    Tim and Jan [800x600].jpg
    74 KB · Views: 28
  • Liza and Ray (2) [800x600].jpg
    Liza and Ray (2) [800x600].jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Paul and Ann (15).jpg
    Paul and Ann (15).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 30
Betty,

I was going to mention that unfortunate event of shutting down the genset. However, in my defense, it was under orders from Russ that I do so!!! ;D ;D ;D I will never listen to him again!!! :)

Just a few shots from News Years Eve.
We had 27 show up (but only 18 at one time!)

ken

Attachments

• P1000427.JPG
    P1000427.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P1000431.JPG
    P1000431.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 44
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!  That was wonderful.  So many favorite friends there and others I would love to meet.  Looks like you all had a great time.  Cold, though ... I don't think I've ever seen Terry with so many clothes on.  :-[  Nice to see GRV out and about. 

Margi

Happy New Year.  It appears that a good time was had by all.

Perhaps we will be able in the right part of the country to join you some time.  It would have been fun to be with you folks!

Dear Ken and Sheila, or is it Sheila and Ken?,

Whichever, on behalf of all who came together for a week of fun and framilyship, I want to thank you for all of your efforts and let you know what a wonderful time we had. Since Debby and I won't be in Indio, we look forward to seeing the group again in Quartzsite. And since you two won't be there, we look forward to seeing you in Moab unless we can get up to Happy Trails before then.

Travel safely and be healthy in this new year, until we meet again. We'll be thinking of you, and the rest of the group, often and fondly.

Randy

Looks like a great party. Happy new year everyone.

We have enjoyed all the postings, and we will be more organized next year and hope to make #5! Looks like great fun.

If you have a couple of pictures of the local scenery, we would enjoy seeing them, as well.

Happy New Year everyone!

And the fun and good times just keep on comin'. At noon today, a group of 8 of us who were willing brave the elements and leave our coaches, got together for lunch at The Loop--Taste of Chicago. Those unwilling to leave their coaches missed out on Chicago hot dogs, Italian beef, deep dish pizza and a few good laughs. It's too bad that Jeff Cousins and his lingering illness left before he had a chance to snarf down some pizza. And for the rest of you who were afraid to venture out into the fifty degree sunshine today to join us, you really missed out on another good time. Nany nany boo boo.

Randy

Ken and Sheila,

Thanks so much for organizing the Catalina rally.  Thanks to your New Year's helpers providing the "bling" also. We had a good time visiting with friends and meeting new ones, that's what makes it fun.  The Saguaro night time tour turned out to be one of the highlights of the week, we all learned something new that night.  Really sorry we left before the Chicago Beef Sandwiches, that sounded like a good place to eat.

Happy New Year to All!

Jan and Tim

Randy:

We have to do Chicago pizza soon!

Now that we are home of course I am feeling a bit better.

Betty,

Thanks for the reminder to donate to the forum!

New Years day is an easy way to remember each year. I took care of that today!

Again thanks,

ken

First, thank you to all who attended the rally. Rallies are about meeting people, friendships and having some fun. You can?t have a rally if no one comes!
Second, I want to thank Russ for co-hosting our New Years Eve party. Many of you may not know it, but New Years at Russ?s goes back long before the first Catalina rally. I know Russ held New Years at the Alamo News Years rallies and it may even go back to the Quartzite New Years rallies.
It was great to see old friends and to meet folks and make new friends. I hope to see all of you down the road. I certainly hope you all had a good time.
We had 17 coaches with 31 people on board.
Happy New Year,

Ken & Sheila

If I remember correctly, the New Years parties started when a bunch of us were staying at Brenda, (near QZ).  It was the year 2000 was set to go off.  Remember, everyone's computers were going to crash, we would no longer be able to use the ATMs, air plane computers were going to fail, etc.....?

Several of the "bright minds of this forum" decided we needed to go out on the desert at QZ to watch the planes fall out of the sky.  Where better to do it, except in an area with little lighting to detract from the night sky.  We used the usual forum area.  We had a wonderful time, and maybe went back the next year too, but for some now obscure reason we decided to go to Alamo Lake for future years.  I think there were some "fishermen" in the bunch who wanted to try out new poles or some such thing.

We did that a few years too, but Alamo proved to be too extremely remote for some to feel comfortable at, and I think Sheila and Ken suggested Catalina, and here it's been held ever since. 

Thanks to both of your for all your efforts. 

Daisy

Daisy, you're recollection is excellent, we did 2 New Years at QZ, then went to Alamo Lake in 2001.  At least, I have photos from Alamo Lake 2001-2 :)  Here's one of the pictures.

Attachments

• Our rigs at Alamo Lake 2002 (Medium).jpg
    Our rigs at Alamo Lake 2002 (Medium).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 33
IIRC there was a few who went to Lake Pleasant around 2005-06 after Alamo Lake. Maybe they were just wimping  out on the last year at Alamo Lake. We drove up for the day on our 1st or 2nd year here at Happy Trails.

Back
Top Bottom