4th Annual New Year's Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will post a report when we get there tomorrow. Will be leaving Yuma about 8 or 9.
Ray & Liza

We arrived at Catalina today and we count about 20 RVs in campground A and about 50 rvs in campground B.  We stopped to meet Jane and Bill who happened to be few sites away.  Don't know of any other forum members here at the moment.

Tim and Jan

Tim & Jan said:
We arrived at Catalina today and we count about 20 RVs in campground A and about 50 rvs in campground B. 

Tim,
How many EMPTY spots in Section B?

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Tim,
How many EMPTY spots in Section B?

Betty

We believe that there are 75 sites in the B section and we believe that they are all water and electric, so there are about 25 available as of right now.

Tim

Whooo whooooo, We will be there on  12/27/2010 ready to  have some nice warm  weather for a change in Catalina.

Betty and Terry 

mariekie4 said:
Bernie, we stayed over the Thanksgiving period in the campground - B loop, and it was NOT full. The park was fuller than usual, but there were still plenty open spaces.

Thanks Mariekie, I trust you more than him ;D .

The campground occupancy is about the same as last year just before Christmas.
But last year just before New Years we were down to only 3 spaces available one night. With 95 spaces there is always turnover everyday, that's is the reason I recommend arriving as early in the day as possible.

I will post a message every day if the park is getting close to full.

ken

Ken,

I don't know that either of us ever told you we decided to stay home this year.  Last weekend we had an unexpected wedding of our nephew in San Diego and are just getting ready for Christmas.

Have a great time everyone, and Happy New Year!

ArdraF and JerryF

Arrived at Catalina this afternoon.  The B Campground is about half full.  There are lots of spots left in A. See everybody soon!  You'll see our flag pole with the light from the entrance to B.

Blue sky and SUN? at Catalina
We can stand this
Ray & Liza from Seattle

As of now (3:30) there are 13 sites in CG B 10of those are on the north side.
I didn't walk CG A but I can see 3 sites (W/E) that back up to the south side of CG B. There may be more in CG A. (CG A has 24 water/electric site on the northside and 24 unserviced sites on the loop.

I'll post an update in the morning for those coming in tomorrow. I wouldn't expect many to leave tomorrow, but then I wouldn't expect many arrivals either (other than the 3 RV members listed as arriving tomorrow.

Terry B,

There is a surprise for you just across the road from Catalina State Park. Santa was thinking of you.

k&s

While we didn't get our usual center row site, we have a back in on the south side of CG B facing the mountains. The first site in this row is empty (Next to ours) and we hope that it will remain available for Russ when he gets here tomorrow. That way on News Eve the two coaches will be side by side.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Terry B,

There is a surprise for you just across the road from Catalina State Park. Santa was thinking of you.

k&s

I hope someone will tell us poor souls that can't make it what this is all about????

Back
Top Bottom