Getting ready to go full time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Racer

Thanks guy's for all the input.
Been out looking at many 5w,it sure does put your mine upside down, but I guess that's what it's all about.
So being that, we currently have a Cruiser by Cross Roads 2004 (cf29rk) which we fine OK for short travels ( Blue Grass Festivals) ect.. Need more room to make it full time with all the gear you need to take with you. So tell me some draw/back on some models ??? ; ;D
Racer

What sort of "drawbacks" are you concerned with, Racer?  Many "drawbacks" are simply preferences in floor plans and lifestyle, so my drawbacks may be your features.  ;)

For fulltiming, you generally want an RV built of better quality materials, inside and out.  That generally means those in the mid-to-upper price range and heavier weights.  Low end "vacation" class RVs don't hold up well when used 24/7/365. It is usually quickly apparent in things like cabinetry and furnishings.  Look for solid wood cabinets and high quality upholstery.  You also want dual pane glass in the windows.

Storage space is the other great need in fulltiming.  Look for plenty of kitchen cupboard space, a good sizedwardrobe and drawer space in the bedroom and as much external storage bay space as posible.  It takes awhile to get your eye to look past the "pretty" and see the practical aspects of a rig, but if you concentrate on things like "where will I put the pots and pans" and "what about my golf clubs" (or fishing rods or whatever) you will start to get a different perspective.

Back
Top Bottom