Wireless backup camera question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a1dennis

I have a 1990 Mallard Sprinter class A MH that I would like to put a backup camera on. I did a search in the archives and could not find what I was looking for. My question is this. WHat are the pros and cons of installing a wireless unit over a wired unit?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

The wireless back up cameras often have interference from other stuff operating on the 2.4MHZ frequencies most of them operate on.  They also work over fairly limited distances.  I'd make sure I could return it if it doesn't work for you...

Of course, the advantage is not having to run the wiring from the camera to the monitor.

I installed one of these wireless cameras on my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 and pulled the transmitter as far forward as I could, it is mounted on the frame. It does pretty good but the distance between the transmitter and the receiver is only about 6ft, even at this short distance sometimes it looses signal.

All depends how much you want to spend.  I bought a wireless 5" color backup camera on Ebay for $45.  My transmitter is mounted under the bed in the rear of my 27' RV and it works just fine.

I went with a wired cam. Put it in this weekend. Works really well.

Rear View Camera System One (1) Camera Setup With Trailer Tow Quick Connect/Disconnect Kit Model # RVS-770613-213 

Staff edit: Remove excessive white space

Just posted my system in general discussion "backup camera". Might help you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbwrecker
Back
Top Bottom