2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh! so its extreme 4 wheeling? then I cancel, dont want to hurt my new jeep, thanks for info.

VMAX,

Just so you know, Lucy's kidding.  There's nothing x-treme about four wheeling with the RV Forum.  None of us wants to hurt our cars, especially those who full time and depend on them.  In the past we had one person ("Doc") who did that kind of stuff, but his vehicle was prepared for it with big tires, lockers, etc. etc.  Your Jeep will be just fine.  We have an Acura MDX these days and it's lower than your Jeep so we have to be extra careful, especially because there's no skid plate.

ArdraF

vmax1 said:
Ohh! so its extreme 4 wheeling? then I cancel, dont want to hurt my new jeep, thanks for info.

No, it's not.  Lucy has just been funnin' with you.  :)

Whoever is the leader for that day chooses the trail for that day - and that route is graded as to difficulty. That way, whoever participates knows exactly what they will be in for.  With few exceptions, members use their toad vehicle for the off road of that day -- and some have toads newer and more expensive than any Jeep you might find in the line up.

OTOH, there are groups in QZ at the same time that the only thing original that hasn't been modified for off roading is the Jeep Logo on their vehicle - and what they do off road, is more like what Lucy describes.

OK let me know when you guys are going, I already went up by the big Q, this 4-wheeling is a HOOT!

Attachments

• off4.jpg
    off4.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 35
All daily events (such as off roading) are announced at our evening happy hour getogethers -- that we have been inviting you to attend for the past several years now. That invite is, or course, still open . . .

ARRIVAL POSTINGS

Please post here when you arrive -- or if you note that someone else has arrived. I will then note that by your name (ARRIVED) on the signup list HERE. That way others can see who has arrived.

I should be arriving later in the week (Thursday or Friday). Bernie, sorry I am not there to look after your rig but have unfortunately had a several week bout with a stomach virus -- so sorry I have not been there early as usual to greet you all.

As noted in my previous post, please try to set aside our fire ring area from last year if at all possible.

Bob Buchanan said:
I should be arriving later in the week (Thursday or Friday). Bernie, sorry I am not there to look after your rig but have unfortunately had a several week bout with a stomach virus -- so sorry I have not been there early as usual to greet you all.

Bob, don't worry about it, just get well.

As noted in my previous post, please try to set aside our fire ring area from last year if at all possible.

We'll have to work on the trailer parked there later this week. :eek:

Dave and Marilyn from St. Catharines, Ontario our now at the Rally site in Quartzsite and another couple who are now my enemy have also arrived.

When I realized they had been here before, I asked them where the sun would come up. The male person answered " in the East ". I will never speak to either of them again !  ;)

They are Paul and Ann and I think they are from Iowa, but I ain't gonna ask them.  ::)

Dave

Yes, Paul and Ann from Iowa are here!  I guess not everyone shares my sense of humor, or lack there of, but I would never purposely offend someone.

Paul

Thank you for posting -- sorry I was not there to greet you so please accept this virtual greeting. Have updated the sign-up list to show your arrivals.

As to sunrise location. When I describe the site I think roughly in terms of the 10 freeway begin East/West -- and roughly parallel to the center line of our rally site. It is not exactly so, but close enough to avoid asking members to park South so many degrees West and so forth.

So -- if parking in the South direction, you will be looking at the sun setting about 30 or so degrees to the right. For example, Bernie parks that way and sees the evening sun in his front window. He commented on that last night. OTOH, the sun this time of year is low in the Soutern sky so on hotter days, that can be a problem.

I usually park facing North - so get the morning sun off to the right of my Class A front window.

BTW, the wind will usually come from the NW. That is another reason I like facing North as that puts the wind on the opposite side of my rig than than my front door. Some like to park North or South based on their position from the center point of the rally so they can see what's goin' on and that way won't miss something good.

Have noticed about half park one way and half the other -- and continue to park the same way each year. So it's a matter of trade-offs either way. Also, we have a lot of space so you can move if need be.

Thanx Bob

I was only funnin about Paul. They are quite nice. We also met Bob and Laura, the latest members to arrive. We are on our way to lunch in Quartzsite with them. I think they are from the Santa Barbara area.

I think we are going to enjoy this.

Dave

Well in spite of my best efforts Linda and I will not be able to attend this year.  I managed to fall in my own kitchen and break my kneecap.  My own fault. 
Linda isn't happy about the injury but not unhappy about Quartzite.
See you next year.
Dean and Linda

Dean:

Sorry to hear of your fall. hope you are up and around soon.

See you both next year.

Dean - Are you sure Linda didn't trip you so you wouldn't try to drag her to Qtz ? :)

We'll miss you both - and Sherlock, too.

Wendy

Bobbie & Fred have had to change plans.  We will be arriving on January 27th.  Can we stay at the site until February 3rd?

Bobbie & Fred (Arizona)

Back
Top Bottom