2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't been to this forum in months - but glad to see there is a rally from here. We are currently in Yuma and plan to leave sometime after the 5th to head for Quartzsite. It will be nice to get together with 'friends'.

Art and Charlotte Lloyd
Vancouver, WA (sort of)

We just came back from working a month in Pakistan. Now thinking about Quartzsite. We won't have an RV to sleep in since we'll have a car only, so no overnight stay but we hope to visit on January 29.

Jack and Elly Dalmaijer AB Canada

Hi Elly,
Happy Holidays, It will be great to see you again, Will you be bringing your  pictures
Helaine

I am hoping I will be there but it depends upon completion of a successful cross country journey. So sign me up. Tom Seiler, USA.

Is it possible to drive in now, to the area the Forum is going to use on the 22nd just to kinda get the feel of it. Maybe spend the nite before moving on to California. Have every intention of coming back for the Rally, but having not spent any time at Quartzsite, just curious. We also know it's gonna be kinda warm (61 and ptly. cloudy) tomorrow today and just may be the best weather we have had in the last 3000 miles and it is not forcast to be any better in the near future where we are headed.

Thanx
Dave & Marilyn

Sure you can drive in and check it out, But just take the car in. To stay over they will make you buy a pass for 2 weeks. There are plenty of free areas around that area to stay. The closest one there is on 95 at mm 99.5.
See you soon
Helaine

The 14 day areas shown in the map are the free areas (shown in gray).  The RV Forum members meet in the La Posa LTVA

Attachments

• Quartzsite BLM boondocking map.jpg
    Quartzsite BLM boondocking map.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 37
We signed up[ earlier, but misunderstood - we will be there for sure, but we do not have a rig yet. We will be looking to either camp (tents) or stay in a motel. Any suggestions on places to stay or camp while there?

Frank

Tent camping could be a problem as it's very difficult to drive tent pegs into the desert at QZ :)  I don't have any suggestion for a motel but suspect the local ones are full with vendors that week.  You may have to check in Blyth.

Tent camping is tough because of limited bathroom facilities. We know of one outhouse that happens to be on our morning walk and there's usually a tent or two nearby but I don't know of any others. There's a nice county park just north of Blythe (Mayflower) that might work for you.

Wendy

And unfortunately the LTVA only allows tents within 500 ft. of one of the pit toilets.  I know there's a toilet to the north of where we set up, but I don't know if we can stretch the rules to cover our area.

There's only one real motel in Quartzsite, a Super 8 near the west end of town.  The Quartzsite Yacht Club (bar and restaurant) also has a half dozen or so motel rooms but both of these are virtually guaranteed to be full during that week, which is the peak of the Quartzsite season.

Blythe, CA is about 20 freeway miles west of Quartzite and has something like 30 motels of all types.  It's about a half hour drive from the rally site on the LTVA.  Be aware though, the weekend of January 14-16 is the annual Colorado River Bluegrass Festival which completely takes over the fairgrounds, so space may be tight over the weekend.

Thanks for the responses, we WILL be there one way or the other. Looks like I need to look into the camping issue more closely.

Frank

Lou,, the 24th annual Blythe bluegrass festival this year is January 14th thru the 16th 2011. I will be there with with my banjo and guitar.>>>Dan

FrankNSharon said:
Thanks for the responses, we WILL be there one way or the other. Looks like I need to look into the camping issue more closely.

Frank
You could rent a small RV.

Thanks for the correction, Dan.  Looks like I won't make it this year - I've been asked to work in San Francisco that week.  Hope I can make it back to Quartzsite in time for the RV Forum rally.

The only things I found that would drive into the QZ ground were 1" diameter steel spikes, and they required Jim's suggestion of a 2lb hammer. Good luck driving anything else into the ground there.

Back
Top Bottom