yellowstone here we come

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wartamen

we are packed up and checking over all our lists maint. done. ya its time to go rving yes i am ready...... moses lake,WA to yellowstone 10 days of relaxation and beautiful  views..........

Wow, we practically have the same name.  I am Bill Whetstone, which has been spelled Weston many times.

Anyway, I live and work in Yellowstone, so be sure to say hello, we are based at Old Faithful.  Enjoy your trip!

Bill,

I'm sure you'll enjoy Yellowstone but be prepared for crowds. Lots of people here and it's hectic sometimes. :) Be careful when driving within the park. You can run into an animal jam almost anywhere. They are especially dangerous around corners. Speed limit within the park is 45mph max with some areas at 35mph. Most folks seem to adhere to those speeds which is good considering the traffic jams that occur frequently.

We're working at the YA Old Faithful Bookstore with Bill & Jolene. Stop in when you have time.

Jim,

I'll highjack this thread as we are also planning to get to Yellowstone.  Right now, GOD willing and the creeks don't rise, we plan a day trip Wednesday the 18th.  Should get to OF by about noon or so.  We will be coming in via West Y and plan on some sight seeing before heading home.  I was hoping to bring the MH and stay a couple of days but missing parts and cabinet are due in on 19th with install then and Friday if all works out.  Install counter tops on 23rd and floor on 25th.

We are looking forward to seeing all.

OK, 2 Bills, 2 Jims.Jim is right on about speeds and cautions. 

Bill, where are you planning on staying?  The first come campgrounds aren't all filling up right now.  Then there are some real nice ones just outside the gate in W Yellowstone. 

Oh, Jim G.  Jim D will be off that day as will I, (18th), but I have my nephew and a could of his friends that week, and Weds I think we are heading to white water rafting.  Hope to catch you at some point.

thanks bill and jims we are all very excited to get underway. i will be sure to stop and say hi.......we will be staying at the grizzly park outside park..... good tip on speed jim i will be sure to have brake ready and camera on stand by..... bill that is odd with the name my kids like my pancakes alot so i am pancake dad or bill to my camping fans.........lol  if your birthday is in december i am going to get scared.......lol

Just got back from Yellowstone Mon PM....Great time..
was at Old Faithful last Thurs and Friday... asked at gift shop if either of you were there at the time and they did not know.. but we were at the gift shop by food ... you work at book store in Visitor center ? Sorry I didn't get to meet you all - approx 8PM when we left and grandsons wanted the swimming pool in Moran...
Phenominal trip throughout SD area, Tetons and around both loops in Yellowstone..... saw thousands of Bison.. had two cross road less than 20 feet in front of motorhome on two different days, hundreds of elk, two occasions of black bears near roadway, one occassion of huge mom grizzley with two cubs 50 feet off roadway...Antelope and deer all over.... obviously many incidents of stopped cars on roadway... Bison crossing the road between cars, the grizzleys and black bear along road really brings out the stupidity in folks... people were actually chasing afetr the bison with their kids to get close up camera shots, and dozens of folks left cars on highway in driving lanes to see the grizzeleys and bears .. some left cars right in driving lanes and walked along roadway for hundreds of yards to get shots of grizzleys 50-70 feet away....... total gridlock for 30-45 minutes until their stupidity was fullfilled and they went back to their vehicles to move on.....
God missed several more opportunities to cleanse the gene pool.....
Driving all over Yellowstone and the entrances in and out in MH is exciting...such beautiful all natural scenery...... on way out from far northern area to eastern exit, had really bad storm and winds last Friday early afternoon ... had water from east side of Lake Yellowstone blowing over roadway south of Fishing Bridge .. Had 1 tree go down over the road 40-50 feet in front of us.. missed it barely... had several go down over the road.. only one that blocked it entirely until rangers and volunteers got it cut up and off the road............

White Eagle, sorry you missed us, but you made the same mistake others have made.  We work in BOOKSTORE!  Bill, when you get here, find the old Visitor Center, we will still be in there.  The new one will almost be open, but not quite. 

I have 8 months in the Park over 2 seasons so far, and never tire of the park.  Some of the people coming in....  different story, but it is such a miniscule amount I can ignore them.  There are always folks that will do the unimaginable, no matter where you are.  However, everyday is an adventure oof some sort.

Anyone coming out here after 8/25 will see the new Visitor Education Center.  (where Jim and I work with our wives)  (Not the gift shops!)  The new theatre is awesome, the education exhibits really nice, and the view of Old Faithful is spectacular!  Picture an A-shaped window about 45' tall overlooking the geyser.

Gary, you are halfway here! 

PancakeBill said:
Anyone coming out here after 8/25 will see the new Visitor Education Center.  (where Jim and I work with our wives)  (Not the gift shops!) 

Sounds very nice.  We expect to arrive in West Yellowstone early afternoon on August 26.  If we don't see you on your day off, maybe we will see you at work.

PhilB

Bill Weston,

Looking forward to meeting you. Schedule is a little hectic now with the new visitor's center opening on the 25th. Anyone in the bookstore should know if we're scheduled to work or have the day off. This coming week we will have Tuesday & Wednesday off. The next week we have tuesday and Friday off due to the opening. All subject to change at any moment. ;D

WhiteEagle,

Really sorry we missed meeting you! Sounds like you had a great time. You've seen more in a couple of days than we have in a month!! At least we have a few more weeks to catch up. ;D Glad you had a good time and didn't have any accidents due to the weather.

Phil,

We will have to work on the 26th. At least you'll see the new visitor's center. Not sure what hours we'll be on yet. Schedule is still being developed. Looking forward to seeing you.

Jim Dick said:
We will have to work on the 26th. At least you'll see the new visitor's center. Not sure what hours we'll be on yet. Schedule is still being developed. Looking forward to seeing you.

We won't be going to Old Faithful on the first day we arrive at West Yellowstone.  6 nights at the Grizzly should give us an opportunity to see you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom