yellowstone here we come

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi there everyone. My husband and I are leaving for West Yellowstone and Old Faithful from Tallahassee, FL in a couple weeks and will be there September 25 for the bike ride.  We have reservations at Grizzly as well so I am looking forward to hearing how you like the place. Have a great trip and can't wait to see the area as neither of us have ever been there and this is our first "real" trip in the mh.

Grizzley is real nice place, and I know the bike ride you are talking about, ride from West to Old Faithful.  Our new Visitor Education Center will be open.  Please come in and find us to say hello. and we are in the bookstore.  Not the Inn, or the lodge as others have tried.  Bookstore! 

Grizzly is a beautiful park.  You'll love it.  We were just there a couple of months ago.

ArdraF

Hi ringaround,

As Bill said, you will enjoy it. One cannot describe this place accurately. So much to see and do. Over 2 million acres!!  Just be careful when you are riding the bike. The tourists are more interested in the animals and scenery than the road. :) We're working with Bill & Jolene at the Bookstore at Old Faithful. We came up from Titusville. Be sure to stop and say hi.

I told hubby next year that's where Sue Anne and I are going.  I've always wanted to see Yellowstone, I'm sure its just awesome.  We hope to allow all the time we need to see it.  I figure that we will be gone at least a month.  I'm in no hurry.

I'm not sure if we will stay in the park or outside the park but I'm going to rent a small car to drive for a couple of weeks so we can go see things and not have to move the motorhome daily.  I hope Enterprise is available in that area.  Whether we will go in the May, June or September time frame I'm not sure yet.  Anyone know the ideal time of year we should go?

Hi Carolyn,

I've been told that September is the best month. The families with kids are gone and the seniors are arriving. Less traffic and smaller crowds.

If you would like to see a few photos I've taken just go to the site listed in my signature line.

Those are some gorgeous pictures, I'm really looking forward to seeing it.  I'm thinking Sept would be better, don't know how cold and how long it stays cold in the spring.  Yes, I try to avoid traveling when and where there are masses of kids.

Spring in Western MT and WY tends to be long, cool and wet/snow well into June.  June is usually a wet month.  This year was especially long as it lasted into July here in the Bozeman area and most of the rest of the area.  The joke around here is "where were you when we had the 3 days of summer" as we have had few less than a month of decent days  but they were interspersed with thunderstorms and cool days.

Just the experence of a long time MT resident.

Hi Jim from another Jim,

We were in YS, Montana, Wyoming, etc last summer and it was wonderful.  This year we guessed wrong and went to the Northeast....hot.  We're back in Texas and your two days of summer sounds wonderful as its in the high 90's low 100's.  Next year will be different for sure.

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks, it was fun taking them. If we get invited back be sure to look us up in the Yellowstone Association Book Store. If we're not here, look for Bill Whetstone. Either of us can give you some ideas where to find things. Bill will know a lot more than I do. :)

Sounds great we sure will.  Tom, is thinking next September might be the best time for us.  Who knows maybe he will be home and come with us.  I think he would like Yellowstone.  If not plop him in front of the tellie and/or Sirius, leave him food and we can be off.  He does like to see things like that so I am incouraged that he might go if not working.  We don't know if his current project is going to continue yet.  So a possibility.

Hi Ringaround,

Thanks for the comments on the photos. :)

We've only done one trip to Yellowstone from Titusville. It took us about 2 weeks but we stopped at several places along the way. If I was driving direct it probably would take 5-6 days. Depending upon the route it's anywhere from 2500 to 2800 miles.

Be sure to let us know when you arrive at Yellowstone. We'll be at the Old Faithful bookstore in the new Visitor's Education Center along with the Whetstones.

We are almost there and the country is beautiful. Looking forward to the ride Saturday as well as meeting you. In Montana today for RV routine maintenance in Billings. First place we found that could do it all.

For those that go to Yellowstone National Park you must also take the time and travel through Grand Teton National Park. The mountains and lakes are awesome and well worth the time to see. My wife and I traveled through both parks this past September. Had a great time...spent a night at Fishing Bridge Campground and of course seen Old Faithful. You can't go to Yellowstone without seeing Old Faithful...it's one of the main landmarks of the park. September was a great time to go through the parks. The weather was great and not such a large crowd due to school being back in session.

Back
Top Bottom