EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Reese Signature Series Hitches  (Read 5684 times)

BruceinFL

• ---
Reese Signature Series Hitches
« on: March 16, 2005, 12:15:58 PM »
Hi All,
I wanted to get a new non-slider Reese Signature Series 16k hitch installed in my new truck but the local hitch expert refuses to install any more of them because it's too labor intensive. Says they're poorly designed for clean installations. Haven't heard of this before, have you?

What's the next best thing to the Signature in your opinion?
Bruce A.
2004 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK 5W
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Reese Signature Series Hitches
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 09:34:28 AM »
The only 5W hitch I have actual experience with is the RBW Little Rocker and that worked wel for usl.

What features lead you to the Reese Signature?  It is likely that the other major brands offer similar models.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

BruceinFL

• ---
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 11:28:16 AM »
What features lead you to the Reese Signature?  It is likely that the other major brands offer similar models.

Gary,
It's the design of the hitch plus the design of the rail system. Leaves a fairly flat bed when removed and seems to be less expensive than other "flat bed" rail systems.
Bruce A.
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

N Smock

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 06:36:17 AM »
Bruce

Look at the PullRite series hitch. They have a mounting system that leaves no rails in the bed when removed. It is based on 1/2 turn twist lock pins holding the hitch down, twist and remove the pins and the bed is clean execpt for four holes for the pins.

http://www.pullrite.com/Super5th_MountingKits.html

Nelson

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 10:12:49 AM »
The Signature looks nice but I suspect the under-bed mounting system is what the local hitch shop objects to. Why not just look around for another shop?  Most every city has one or two and it's not that big a deal if you have to drive 50-100 miles to get what you want installed. It's only a one-time thing.

Did you ask the hitch guy if there was ANY under-bed system he considered OK to install? I suspect they are all more work for the installer.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

BruceinFL

• ---
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 11:12:55 AM »
Look at the PullRite series hitch. They have a mounting system that leaves no rails in the bed when removed.
Nelson

Nelson,
Checked out the site..hadn't seen that before so I'll keep it on the list. Thanks.
Bruce A.
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

BruceinFL

• ---
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 11:14:55 AM »
The Signature looks nice but I suspect the under-bed mounting system is what the local hitch shop objects to. Why not just look around for another shop?  Most every city has one or two and it's not that big a deal if you have to drive 50-100 miles to get what you want installed. It's only a one-time thing.

Did you ask the hitch guy if there was ANY under-bed system he considered OK to install? I suspect they are all more work for the installer.

Gary,
There's only one shop in town that I trust so I guss I'll have to branch out...probably to either Ocala or St Augustine.
Bruce A.
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

Hosted by Over The Network