Reese Signature Series Hitches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

Hi All,
I wanted to get a new non-slider Reese Signature Series 16k hitch installed in my new truck but the local hitch expert refuses to install any more of them because it's too labor intensive. Says they're poorly designed for clean installations. Haven't heard of this before, have you?

What's the next best thing to the Signature in your opinion?

The only 5W hitch I have actual experience with is the RBW Little Rocker and that worked wel for usl.

What features lead you to the Reese Signature?  It is likely that the other major brands offer similar models.

RV Roamer said:
What features lead you to the Reese Signature?? It is likely that the other major brands offer similar models.

Gary,
It's the design of the hitch plus the design of the rail system. Leaves a fairly flat bed when removed and seems to be less expensive than other "flat bed" rail systems.

The Signature looks nice but I suspect the under-bed mounting system is what the local hitch shop objects to. Why not just look around for another shop?  Most every city has one or two and it's not that big a deal if you have to drive 50-100 miles to get what you want installed. It's only a one-time thing.

Did you ask the hitch guy if there was ANY under-bed system he considered OK to install? I suspect they are all more work for the installer.

N Smock said:
Look at the PullRite series hitch. They have a mounting system that leaves no rails in the bed when removed.
Nelson

Nelson,
Checked out the site..hadn't seen that before so I'll keep it on the list. Thanks.

RV Roamer said:
The Signature looks nice but I suspect the under-bed mounting system is what the local hitch shop objects to. Why not just look around for another shop?? Most every city has one or two and it's not that big a deal if you have to drive 50-100 miles to get what you want installed. It's only a one-time thing.

Did you ask the hitch guy if there was ANY under-bed system he considered OK to install? I suspect they are all more work for the installer.

Gary,
There's only one shop in town that I trust so I guss I'll have to branch out...probably to either Ocala or St Augustine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom