Tiny Bumps on Inside of RV??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jillmar

We recently purchased an 18' used travel trailer and discovered tiny little bumps on the inside front wall.  It's just on the one side of the wall.  The bumps seem to be under the wallpaper and I do not see any water marks.  Does anyone have any idea what they are and how I can get rid of them?  I tried pushing on one and it just bounced right back.  Thanks

Ive seen these before on the ceilings of TT even new ones.  I've always thought it was a cosmetic defect.  Dirt or something trapped under the wallpaper or finish.

Brodie.

Typically those are adhesive cones under the wall covering. The most common reason for them is moisture in the walls, which suggests a leak in a window or the roof that is keeping the wall moist. I would inspect very carefully and caulk anything even slightly suspicious.

Found this old post pertaining to similar bumps we have in our wall. We were concerned it might be mold. Were you saying Gary, that it's adhesive reacting to moisture, it's not mold?

Thanks.

Yes - almost surely a sign of some previous dampness in the wallboard, causing a reaction that bubbled the adhesive. Is it below a window or around a door frame?

I have this under a window of mine. The salesman told me it was an irregularity in the wallpaper, but it turns out it was from a leaking window.

Ours is under the bedroom window. Either it was a leak (windows were caulked before I posted this), or it's from the window being left open in the rain.

I'm thinking it adds some character to the joint and it'd be best to leave as is unless it continues to grow, then we'll need to do a science experiment to see what's up  ;D.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom