difference between and advantages between diesel pusher and diesel puller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bb21992

:-\ What are the advantages and disadvantages between a diesel puller and pusher.  Is there specific reasons why one would purchase one over the other?  Thanks.  ???

To me it is like the old class c  I traded away. Motor in front with lots of noise and lots of heat from the exhaust and engine. The diesel pusher I have now is very quiet for the driver and passenger and no engine heat at all. No comparison.

Bill

bb21992 said:
:-\ What are the advantages and disadvantages between a diesel puller and pusher.  Is there specific reasons why one would purchase one over the other?  Thanks.  ???

Pusher: Noise, heat and smell out the rear.

Puller: Noise, heat and smell under your feet.

Besides those issues already mentioned, space is a huge difference. A puller will require a long drive shaft and carrier and exhaust system going right down the middle of the RV. A pusher has all that space available for holding tanks, fuel tanks and pass through storage. The puller will also most likely have a dog house cover for the motor inside the RV. A pusher is flat floor space in the front.  Lots of differences like that. Pushers usually cost more, but for my dollar is was well worth it.  I also own a diesel pick up, so I am not opposed to having a front end diesel vehicle.  In a MH I prefer a pusher.

Sarge

bb21992 said:
  Thanks Dan, but which one has heat and noise?
Puller has heat and noise, and may not have air ride and air brakes.
The heavy chassis may not be available also. Basically the puller may be a diesel engined Gasser.
J

SargeW said:
Besides those issues already mentioned, space is a huge difference. A puller will require a long drive shaft and carrier and exhaust system going right down the middle of the RV. A pusher has all that space available for holding tanks, fuel tanks and pass through storage. The puller will also most likely have a dog house cover for the motor inside the RV. A pusher is flat floor space in the front.  Lots of differences like that. Pushers usually cost more, but for my dollar is was well worth it.  I also own a diesel pick up, so I am not opposed to having a front end diesel vehicle.  In a MH I prefer a pusher.

Sarge

Plus 1, when the wife and I upgrade we will be going DP.

utahclaimjumper said:
My 38' pusher is so quite I can talk to my wife across the room, at speed, in normal tones.>>>Dan

My gasser is quiet enough to have conversations from the front of the RV to the kitchen in normal tones as well. :)

I really like the current Fords, but the old joke was Fix Or Repair Daily.
Actually that was my Harley Davidson made Holiday Rambler Imperial.
ken

carson said:
Or....Found On Road Dead.... ;D

One can't forget Four Old Rusty Doors.  :eek:

How about Mopar? Motor On Pavement After Race or Move Over People Are Racing!

My 38' pusher is so quite I can talk to my wife across the room, at speed, in normal tones.>>>Dan

My pusher is so quiet my wife still accuses me of not hearing her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom