rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: insurance question  (Read 1476 times)


  • ---
  • Posts: 12
insurance question
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:28:27 PM »
i have just bought a older motorhome .my question iswhat is the best insurance as far as towing coverage? does anyone offer any repair coverage? ihave a 1993 bounder  and i dont want to get stranded trying to find a tow truck on my own.


  • Former Staff
  • ---
  • Posts: 25501
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: insurance question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 07:16:54 AM »
CoachNet is the most highly regarded for roadside assistance.  Repair coverage, often called extended warranty, may be difficult to get for that old a vehicle.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon


  • ---
  • Posts: 2025
Re: insurance question
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 07:24:24 AM »
Congrats on the new ( to you ) RV.

First is that most people have separate insurance and roadside assistance.

Motorhome insurance can be purchased from most major auto insurance companies and some RV speciality companies. I personally have progressive but had State Farm before.

Roadside assistance can be purchased from several also, the two biggest would be CoachNet and GoodSam ERS.

Breakdown and repair coverage is a different animal though. Several companies offer Extended warrenty and repair, but some would not accept your motorhome due to age. Also if you did decide to purchase one of these, be really sure you read all the fine print as most are really restrictive and you must follow their instrucrions to the letter.

Jerry & Patsy Potter, Taz & Jake Jr.
2000 Winnebago Journey
2006 Ford Explorer 4X4
Home: Milledgeville Ga.