Palo Duro Canyon, Texas (Volunteering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

SideRoads

Although, my interests definitely involves Historic Interpretation/work. I am willing to consider other options, i.e. camp hosting, etc., to be able to explore and learn about the local history.

Palo Duro is one of those locations. The minimum requirement is one month, which they encourage, to determine if the location is a good fit for a longer commitment. The Volunteer Coordinator is very responsive, and flexible in scheduling.

I have searched forum(s) and could not find any information where anyone has volunteered at Palo Duro.

Has anyone been involved as a Volunteer Camp Host at Palo Duro Canyon State Park?,,,If so, what was your experience?

Thanks for any information.

Are you a workamper.com member? Best source I know of on jobs like that.

You are probably familiar with the Texas parks Volunteer web site.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/involved/volunteer/spdest/

Palo Duro features a horrific steep incline upon entrance and exit...I ain't taking ANYTHING down that ramp!:)

I regularly drive up & down that hill in my 32' class "A"with jeep in tow. it is kinda steep and long, but certainly nothing to lose sleep over.  Palo Dure is certainly worth the trip. it is the second largest canyon in the USA.

We wished it had better (any?) 3G service in the bottom so I can work...really loved it and would not hesitate to take our rig in after seeing some our size down there and talking to them...

The one "iffy"thing we saw were the low water crossings which looked really tricky if there was water....however, here in Texas, there IS an extreme drought but that won't last forever.

It would be worth a month, for sure!

Back
Top Bottom