First RV Trip to Pasadena..Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sahm2three

On December 31, 2005, we are leaving for Pasadena, California from Dallas, Texas to the Rose Bowl and have decided to rent an RV.  This will be our first experience with this type of travel.

I would love feedback on which RVs to stay away from.  We don't want one with a lot of road noise or one that has a loud generator which keeps you awake at night.  Maybe there is a good line to stick with? 

Also, if anyone has an suggestions of some nice RV parks to experience on the way to CA, I'd love infor on that too.

Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the RV Forum!  You've come to the right place for info!

What size and type of RV do you plan to travel with?  This information will narrow down suggestions and recommendations.

Are you thinking of buying the RV you rent or do you have a choice among makes and models you can rent?  Often RV renters have a fleet of one make and model so your choices are limited.

The quietest RV's are diesel pusher motorhomes with an Onan QuietDiesel generator.  Is equipment like that available from your supplier?

I don't have experience with RV parks in California, but many of our Forum members have, so I'll defer to them on that part of your query.

Enjoy the RV Forum!

I rented several RVs prior to purchasing one.  Based on a very limited sample, and limited experience, I would recommend that you rent a diesel pusher.  I tried out a gas unit for a weeks trip and found that there was plenty of power, engine noise was not too bad, but the effort of constant corrections in steering required to keep it in the lane was very tiring.  The pusher I rented was much better in terms of ride, noise and directional stability - much less tiring to drive. I attribute this to the difference between the leaf spring chassis (gas) and the air bag chassis (diesel). An additional step up in driveability would be one with independent front suspension.

There seemed to be a good selection of both gas and diesel units in the Dallas area when I was renting, so you should be able to find the style or size you want.

You won't be needing to run the generator overnight in Jan. CGs have electrical hookups.

If boondocking, custom and courtesy is to shut down the gen at 10 or 11 PM.

Usually, running the gen for an hour or two in morning and evening will take care of your needs.

Back
Top Bottom