shower leaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acctplus

when we turn the water on in the shower, you can hear it running in the wall where the handles are.  no water comes out of the  sprayer.
also hot water does not come out of the sink in the bathroom

It sounds like the shower problem is caused by the pipe/hose that connects the shower head to the control coming lose.  I had this happen, recently.

The lack of hot water at the bath room sink is likely not related.

geodrake said:
The lack of hot water at the bath room sink is likely not related.
I would think the hot water at the bathroom sink is VERY likely to be related.  If the hot water line to the shower is off or broken, there would be no pressure to the sink hot water side.  If the OP's shower has a single handle faucet set or if the OP opens the hot water 1st, there would be no water pressure to the shower cold water side either.

Has this problem existed all season or did it just occur?  If all season, I would look for a split hot water line down low - someplace where water would have collected if not properly drained for the winter.  If the problem just started, it could be down low, but it could also be at the shower faucet.  Look for an access door on the opposite side of the wall where the faucet is located.

Molaker said:
I would think the hot water at the bathroom sink is VERY likely to be related. 

Certainly not.  If they were related the hot water would be running in the wall all of the time (unless of course the bathroom sink hot water works when the shower is not turned on).

geodrake said:
Certainly not.  If they were related the hot water would be running in the wall all of the time (unless of course the bathroom sink hot water works when the shower is not turned on).
Good point.  I'll put my head back where it belongs now, thanks.  :-[  But, the OP should still look for an access panel back of the shower faucets.

Acctplus:

I realize that not all RVs are alike but, my shower has access from the shower.  Immediately below the shower head and extending down below the control valve is a panel that comes off.  Screws with plastic covers around the outside edge and white silicone around the edge. 

geodrake said:
Acctplus:

I realize that not all RVs are alike but, my shower has access from the shower.  Immediately below the shower head and extending down below the control valve is a panel that comes off.  Screws with plastic covers around the outside edge and white silicone around the edge.
And mine has a solid shower stall with an access door in the bedroom wall.  So, you'll just have to go looking.

On some coaches the access is located outside behind a small door. Had that on my 98 Country Coach intrigue. I've seen it on some trailers as well.

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but .....

My shower plumbing is located under the sink in the bathroom. Quite accessable.

Ray D  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom