2011 Adventurer wind noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelhet

Just purchased a 2011 37f adventurer, and noticed a lot of wind noise while driving it home.  Is that normal for this coach?  Have been RVing for 20 + years in travel trailers, and this is the first class A we have had.  Not sure what to expect, but it was hard to have conversation and hear each other.  Notice some vibration in the drivers side mirror as well.
Thanks for any advice.

If it's a Velvac mirror let your dealer take it apart and repair it, but good luck.  I have had my drivers side mirror worked on twice by my dealer.  My movement was mostly in the up and down motion.  After the second failed attempt by my dealer to fix it I called Velvac and they told me the same as the dealer what to check to fix it.  Of which did no good.  I called them back and they offered to send out a set of dampening clips to install.  I received the clips and took the mirror out to install the clips and discovered the clips where the same as the silver colored ones you will see two of on each side of the mirror glass.  The instructions with the new clips say the clips have to be bent as needed.  So I've had my mirror apart 2 or 3 times and bent the clips.  I have not seen much if any improvement yet.  I finally took a small piece of black foam and wedged it in the top of the mirror and it is very steady now.  But using the remote adjustment the foam sometimes falls out. 

There will be a few places you will be receiving wind noise along with the mirror wind deflections.  One area is the small drip holes in the bottom of your side windows where you can get some "covers" for these drip openings, or some members leave the middle one open and cover the others with black electrical tape.

Another source is the driver's door.  Our door still makes alot of wind noise even though I have installed a pull down drop lever to "lock the door" tight against the weather stripping, and I have also installed some additional weather stripping to try to quiet the wind noise.  Both of these mods have helped somewhat.

Driving these big Class A's mean you hear every little (and loud) noise and to try to limit these one by one is your best option.  ;)

How about one of those "noise-canceling" headphones. You won't even hear the backseat-driver giving you directions. Pure bliss...  ;D

carson

I bought a pair of those headphones Carson. You're right - in addition to canceling the wind noise, they also cancel front seat (in our case) driver noise.

Mark

>>I have installed a pull down drop lever to "lock the door" tight against the weather stripping<<

Can you post a picture of this and/or a link to where they can be purchased.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Mark

>>I have installed a pull down drop lever to "lock the door" tight against the weather stripping<<

Can you post a picture of this and/or a link to where they can be purchased.

Terry, it's a red handled window emergency latch that holds the top of the door shut against the frame from the inside.

Hi and a big howdy - welcome to The RV Forum and welcome to the Winnebago family!

You need a little more experience with your new rig before assuming you have a problem.  If you are driving into a headwind, or quartering headwind, you will have some to quite a bit of noise depending on your speed and the wind speed - this will be a generalized noise that is non-specific to a particular area of the cab.  With little to no wind, or wind behind you, your cab area should be very quiet.

I agree with John, our old 2002 KS gasser door would make noise if the wind was blowing the right way, other times no noise.  Go figure.

Phelpo

Thanks for all the advice.  Out this weekend in very calm weather less than 5 mph winds and once you get over 40 mph the wind noise is still very noticeable, and it did not matter which direction we were heading.  We are going to ride with friend in other coaches to do a comparison and see if this is extreme or not.  :-\

Make sure your door is up tight against the weather stripping.  Open the door and you can tell if it has wear marks all the way around., adjust the latch to close as tight as it can.
I had a 89 Dolphin I bought new and found this problem, after adjusting the door I bought some weather stripping, with sticky on one side and installed a second seal,sound barrier, it helped a lot, but you just cant rid all the noise.

Even with all the extra weatherstripping I installed on the driver's door frame, and the handle at the top to "pull in" the door, and the caulk next to the SINGLE PANE driver's window, our next Motorhome will NOT have a Driver's door!  ::)

RC said it above...you just can't get rid of all the noise.

I put a "Driver's Door" poll in the Motorhome board here....let's see where it goes.  :)

Back
Top Bottom