1994 Residency no electrical at steps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juanita and me

I'm helping a friend who has no power to his steps. They are on a 1994 36 ft Residency by Thor, on a Oshkosh chassis with a Cummins in the rear. He has two steps that go up and  they are made by Quickee. They wouldn't retract except by hand. He took it to somebody who supposedly fixed them.When he got it back in the yard to pack for leaving that afternoon, the gas wouldn't work on the fridge or stove. I took the propane switch on the wall in the unit out and put power to it at the battery and it beeped. As he needed to get packed we just ran a wire from behind light on wall that had 12 volt power and by- passed the incoming power (red) wire. Left the fuse in line and the unit turned the gas back on.

Question is where does the LP switch get power from? He has no power to the steps (which by the way don't work except by hand) and the sensor on the wall in the bedroom doesn't work.Used my test light to jumper from temporary power line to old line and unit in bedroom came on. Problem is the ugly wire running through the living room and no power to the bedroom sensor. Would it hurt to jumper the temporary wire to the old  wire to make bedroom sensor work? We've checked all fuses we could find and circuit breakers. Must either be a broken wire or a hidden fuse or circuit breaker. Any ideas? I hesitate to use jumper wire to old wire as a solution as I'm afraid there could be a short in the old line and I might create problems rather than solve them.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom