Bryce Canyon National Park - a few things to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peek a boo trail

Fairyland loop

Queens Garden trail

Sunset point faces east so sunsets aren't worth a darn there. Plus being up at 8000 feet obliterates any chance of a great sunset.

seilerbird said:
Sunset point faces east so sunsets aren't worth a darn there. Plus being up at 8000 feet obliterates any chance of a great sunset.

Sunset Point is for the shadows in the canyon at sunset.  Not for taking pictures of the sunset.

Phil said:
Sunset Point is for the shadows in the canyon at sunset.  Not for taking pictures of the sunset.

Bryce Canyon is not a canyon, it is an amphitheater. Some of my best sunset photos are taken looking east, but like you said, it is of the shadows.

Another idea is to hike down the Navajo Trail, connect with and hike the Peek-a-Boo loop trail, and then go back up to the top via the Queens Garden Trail.  This hike can also be done without doing the Peek-a-Boo loop.

JerryF

Betty Brewer said:
I really enjoyed my 1/2 day mule ride in Bryce "Canyon."
Betty
Yes, but how did the mule enjoy it?

By the way, Death Valley is not a valley, Crater Lake is not a crater, Joshua Trees aren't trees and a Robin isn't a Robin.

seilerbird said:
By the way, Death Valley is not a valley, Crater Lake is not a crater, Joshua Trees aren't trees and a Robin isn't a Robin.

And for those with inquiring minds:
Death Valley is a graben.
Crater Lake is a lake in a caldera.
Joshua trees are yuccas.
American Robins are members of the thrush family (although you could argue that a "Robin" is a "Robin" if it's a European Robin).

:D

Wendy said:
And for those with inquiring minds:
Death Valley is a graben.
Crater Lake is a lake in a caldera.
Joshua trees are yuccas.
American Robins are members of the thrush family (although you could argue that a "Robin" is a "Robin" if it's a European Robin).

:D

Thank you Wendy. I can never remember how to spell graben. And yes, I was talking about the American Robin. I keep forgetting this is an international forum. When Europeans first arrived in America they named our Robin a Robin because it looks like their Robin, however it is a thrush.

Timothy - This year's Hop, Skip, and Jump rally included Bryce.  You might want to the thread to see what we all did while at Bryce.  Pick it up at http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=22893.msg297640#msg297640.  Also the 2009 Hop, Skip, and Jump rally included Bryce.  Go to the Rallies, Shows, and Events message board to find writeups on previous rallies in Utah and elsewhere.  We tend to like to share where we are with narrative and/or photos.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom