Fort Sumter National Monument

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

SideRoads

Two days away from completing a 6 week volunteer assignment which turned into 4 months,,,,,,,for our first volunteer experience.

The last two days are shaping up to be as good as the first day....and,,,have yet to get tired of this volunteer experience,,,,but all good things must come to an end.

We head to Fort Sumter, South Carolina on Monday for a 2 month volunteer commitment which includes Ft Sumter National Monument, Fort Moultrie National Historic Site, and the Charles Pinckney Historic Site.

This sure has been a great summer. The history and folk lore brings the historic buildings and landmarks to life. What an experience this is turning out to be.

Looks like SC will provide a lot of access to history, including the Hunley,,,,it sure is great to be an ole dude, but yet still find something to be excited about.

Hope everyone is have a rewarding summer,,,,as we look beyond Sumter, to Big Bend, and Palo Duro,,,,there seems to be no end to the opportunities available at historic locations.....

Now to decide where to look beyond Palo Duro Canyon.

I spent ten years working for free. Best job I ever had! And, the pay was right! Can't do it anymore, but would if I could.  ;D 

So, congratulations on completing your first assignment. Good luck with the next! Satisfaction is the best paycheck.  ;) 

Ray D  8)

If you're looking for a winter volunteer gig, give Death Valley a try. Lots of history and geology and scenery and a nice long winter season.

Wendy

Thanks for the input, and the suggestion for Death Valley.

Safe Highways

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom