UP Michigan suggested camping areas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2KViggen

We are starting to plan out summer trip for next year.  Wife grew up going to Manistique Lake (I think that's how it's spelled) & we/she can't decide if we should spend a week or so there or another area up there. 

We plan on bringing our RV however a few other families that are going with us need a cabin to stay in.  Any suggested camping areas which can take RV's with full hookups & also have cabins, we want to be on a lake

thanks

Hi !
We're in the UP right now - at Loon's Point RV Park and Campground.  It's in the Les Chenaux Islands 17 miles east of I-75 and on a bay off of Lake Huron.  Very nice - full hookups available and 2 cabins for rent. Docks, canoes, kayaks, a beach and fishing!  I caught a bass and a pike in 20 minutes of fishing off the dock yesterday.

We drove 32 miles to St. Ignace and took the ferry to Macinaw Island today - did the horse carriage tour and the tour of the fort.  Did you know that Macinaw Island was the nation's second National Park??  When the fort was decommissioned, the US gave it to the state as a state park, but if they have to give it back to the Fed Gov if they don't maintain it as a park.

We're heading to Muskalunge State Park on the Superior shore on Monday.

Ron and Joyce in the UP of Michigan

Back
Top Bottom