Transmission scare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

82corvette

I pulled the old GMC HD2500 out of the garage last night to wash it up for this weekend trip and it shook & the engine missed for about 10 seconds. I thought maybe after 3 weeks setting idle it just needed a good drive. Wrong! I got out on the street and it shifted from 1st. to 2nd. so hard it about threw me out the back window!  I grabbed my Snap On scanner from work and it gave me a code PO 1810 tfp valve switch circuit malfunction, basically the trans or control module doesn't know what gear it is in so t builds a lot of pressure. It only has 49,000 miles and has been flushed every year I couldn't believe a switch was bad in the trans, especially since it idled rough just before this problem popped up. Well long story short I checked plugs and wires, cleaned the injectors and looked for vacuum leaks. I found the map sensor was a little loose in the intake manifold . When I moved it I got a trouble code again, PO 1810. I spent 60 bucks for a new map sensor and the truck is happy again, so am I! Sure beats pulling that tranny out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom