POLL: Which one of the following annoys you most when staying in an RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one of the following annoys you most when staying in an RV Park

• Campers "cutting across your site" to get to the bathrooms

Votes: 59 30.4%
  • Campers not picking up after their pets

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Internet not working as advertised

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • Paying extra for amentities you don't use

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Sites not as advertised (unlevel, sewer connection too far, etc)

Votes: 30 15.5%

• Total voters

FrontrangeRVer

We stayed at the West Yellowstone KOA this Summer, and we had all kinds of people cutting through our "premium" site....even when we were sitting outside!  ANNOYING!  :mad:

1,2,3, &5 are all about equal in my experience.  Cutting thru my site is the easiest to solve and can be solved without cg management,,the rest are harder.

1 and 2 are about equal on my annoyance meter. As a dog owner, I hate those who don't pick up after their pets and give all pet owners a bad name. I carry my own internet with me so that one doesn't affect me. Those people who cut thru my site are very irritating, especially when they do it repeatedly. Tieing Gordon up outside the coach and not picking up after him seems to help with that one :)  But I really hate paying for "amenities" that I don't use.

Wendy

Other campers cutting through our site and not cleaning up after their pets are a close tie but pet poo stinks no matter how tiny your dog is.  Very inconsiderate people.

Had one here last week, Well let me describe.

This section of the park is called the "Bow Tie" section because the road loops around in the shape of a bow tie..  I'm on the inside of the south side roughly the center of the bow.

Well, another camper IN A GOLF CAR,, Not walking but driving, cut through my site, across the "Common" area, and through another site, to get to the other side of the bow, then on down the road.

FrontrangeRVer said:
We stayed at the West Yellowstone KOA this Summer, and we had all kinds of people cutting through our "premium" site....even when we were sitting outside!  ANNOYING!  :mad:

Wyoming, ok to carry a firearm, ok to defend yourself from trespass, ... just shoot the "xxxtard".  LOL.  I love it.

When people cut thru I start a conversation, offer a drink, figure they are on my site to visit, do anything I can to halt progress. 

People not picking up is probably #1 with us having a pet and picking up.  Don't want to be lumped with the 'lump leavers.'

PancakeBill said:
When people cut thru I start a conversation, offer a drink, figure they are on my site to visit, do anything I can to halt progress. 

People not picking up is probably #1 with us having a pet and picking up.  Don't want to be lumped with the lump eavers.

Learned from this one, big time. thanks.  "No lumping with the lump leavers"

Cutting thru own site is an easy fix. We just put a radio outside playing forein obscure music (preferably south american) at a low volume, and hanging a chicken leg tied with some garlic on our awning seems to intimidate any would be crosser. ;D
The poop thing, don't bother me as much, just as long is not on my site. On my neck of the woods, what really enfuriate me, is young RV'ers cruising on their tow vehicles above the speed limit and with the windows open listening to music (most experienced on the beach RV parks). :mad:

Dogs left in RV's barking especially next to me, or dogs yapping all night.  That has always bothered me.  All my neighbors and I have a dog or dogs and you just don't hear that out here. 

I don't want to step in dog doodoo either.  I see people stop at your site and let them do their thing, not very considerate.

My number one is: Campers downwind of me who have to have a campfire even when its 90 degrees.  I really don't like all the second hand smoke.

I would add barking dogs to the list - that is annoying to us. The other things are trivial, in our view. Negatives to be sure, but not at a level I would term "annoying".

I have to agree with Bago.  That campfire thing is VERY annoying. I don't know if it is a primal thing or what.  It certainly isn't a survival thing.  They get my vote to be voted off the island.

They are all in a five way tie along with children who are obnoxious. That's why I haven't stayed in an RV park in years. Not worth the price or the problems.

To those wanting to open a Campground, I've summarized what the requirements are from the above...we want a CG that has: (This list is Just in Fun)

1.  No kids.
2.  No trespassing signs on our site.
3.  Pets with laryngitis.
4.  Pets that understand the grass on our site is different that the grass at the dog walk.
5.  Or be genetically altered to be "poopless"
6.  A La Carte CG pricing.
7.  More utilization of the 2nd Amendment.
8.  Ban Campfires or sell smokeless wood (What...no more Smores!!)
9.  More tolerance for "old" people's "pet peeves' (LOL).

I am glad we aren't kids anymore...we would never want to go camping!!

Good list, threeful, and an accurate philosophical assessment too.  Maybe we should just stay home?

Actually, one of my top peeves is a campground that hands out a page or more of rules - DO NOT and YOU MUST and NEVER..., plus the infamous "YOU WILL BE FINED IF..." Psheesh!

All things in moderation is my motto. I enjoy seeing kids at play and having a good time camping, and I don't even mind if somebody takes an obvious shortcut through the edge of my yard, as long as they don't have to weave around my lawn chairs to do it. We have a pet and others can enjoy theirs too, and I really do like a campfire now and again. Just keep the kids in hand, the fires low and manage the pets to avoid infringing on others enjoyment. We all have to share the space and be good citizens to each other.

RV Roamer said:
I would add barking dogs to the list - that is annoying to us. The other things are trivial, in our view. Negatives to be sure, but not at a level I would term "annoying".

Gary hit it right on.

Having just had a couple of grandkids stay overnight in the coach (the first time together), my tolerance for kids just went up a notch  :)  A couple of very well mannered kids from a nearby campsite came by yesterday to see if the grandkids wanted to play with them. They came by again this morning, but our family had just left. My sanity returns  ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom