POLL: Which one of the following annoys you most when staying in an RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one of the following annoys you most when staying in an RV Park

• Campers "cutting across your site" to get to the bathrooms

Votes: 59 30.4%
  • Campers not picking up after their pets

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Internet not working as advertised

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • Paying extra for amentities you don't use

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Sites not as advertised (unlevel, sewer connection too far, etc)

Votes: 30 15.5%

• Total voters
GOOFY neighbors, how about when a neighbor next to you says hi, then comes over to talk, talk & talk & talk, 8 hours later he`s still at your picnic table talking, "GO HOME ALREADY!!"  this irks me `till no end.

What about the guy next to you who has to leave at O'dark'thirty for whatever reason. So he cranks up the diesel at 5:30 am then leaves it running for a half hour while he puts away the Bbq, pulls in the slides, puts down the dish, dumps the tanks, puts away the hoses and electric cord, and FINALLY gets away at 6 am.

Wendy

Campground sites not as advertised always gets me.  We stayed in one RV Park where we had to park the RV on the concrete slab and the picnic table was on gravel next to the concrete slab.  Apparently (which we found out later) they designed all the sites wrong.  We wouldn't have been able to reach the sewer, water or electricity if we parked the RV on the gravel and the concrete slab would have then been on the driver's side.  But they never told us that when we signed in, we had to find out the hard way.  :mad:

I haven't camped that much yet, probably 6 weeks total.  So far pretty good, I don't mind kids or people walking across, well unless it became a constant stream I suppose.

One night we got in a campground and the people next door were playing their radio so loud at 1AM I finally got tired of it.  I went over and politely asked if they could please turn it down.  A chancie thing as you never know if they may be drinking.  They were real nice and said they didn't realize it was so loud, it was right on the water so maybe that magnified it.  I went back and went to sleep.  That's the only time I've said anything to anyone so far.  I'm trying hard not to be to fussy, I am getting old and pretty durn set in my ways so I really have to watch myself to not be an old biddy.

I hope I don't get in a real bad dog barking situation as that does get on my last nerve and I love dogs.

Allow me to show the reverse way...How to be a good neighbor in a park.

A little story: We stayed in a neat State park some time ago. T'was on Amelia Island, FL..Fernandino Beach called Fort Clinch Park.

Very secluded, all wooded and the RV spots are about 1-2 miles from the entrance.

Well, we found out that Raccoons were ruling the world there at night.  We had no problems in our Class A, but saw  the evidence the next morning.

The next day a young couple moved in with a tent across the way. College students I think..neat girl and weird guy. They prepared their BBQ supper and had a great time.

I thought it was my duty to advise them to make sure to put everything away overnight...Raccoon attacks imminent. They thanked me for the info...the next morning they came over and thanked me again for the advise. They said they had trouble sleeping due to the pitter patter of little feet outside their tent all night.  No damage done...I chuckled.

Please go visit the park... real neat, all facilities.

Carson FL

rsalhus said:
Campground sites not as advertised always gets me.  We stayed in one RV Park where we had to park the RV on the concrete slab and the picnic table was on gravel next to the concrete slab.  Apparently (which we found out later) they designed all the sites wrong.  We wouldn't have been able to reach the sewer, water or electricity if we parked the RV on the gravel and the concrete slab would have then been on the driver's side.  But they never told us that when we signed in, we had to find out the hard way.  :mad:

In Corps of Engineer parks, the concrete slab is for parking the RV, this gives you a stable place to put down your jacks. They are designed that way. The water and electric pedestal is set to the rear on the drivers side I don't consider that a design flaw, as it enables you to level your RV eaiser. Using the gravel for parking in most campgrounds that I have stayed at is frowned upon.

Lee

The placement of the power & water post is a pretty good indication of how the site was designed to be used.  There is no general rule about parking on or off the concrete pad, if the site has a pad at all. The power & water post, however, is generally (not always) supposed to be near the left rear side of the RV.

taoshum said:
Wyoming, ok to carry a firearm, ok to defend yourself from trespass, ... just shoot the "xxxtard".  LOL.  I love it.

Just be sure to know what state you are in e.g. West Yellowstone is MT

I like it at Matagorda.  They have the concrete pad but next to it is an area with a picnic table.  There was enough concrete to get out and walk on.  It was a really really clean well kept park.  I was told that it had gotten kind of bad but had new workcampers there.  I want to go back again but DD wants to go elsewhere.  They were renovating all the beach, apparently last hurricane had seriously damaged it.  You couldn't go on the long boardwalk out in the ocean to fish either.

I chose campers not picking up after their pets since it's not only annoying but disgusting! Thankfully, it's rare. I rolled thru some dog stuff while backing into a site once - had to deal with the stink for days since it was stuck in the tire tread! The only thing I was thankful for was that it was not on the awning side tires.

What tops my annoying list, however, is smokers. I don't want to start any debates/arguments over rights or addiction or anything else but nothing ruins my day more than sitting down to a nice dinner, reading a magazine, or (like this past weekend) a game of bingo with the kids and having someone (upwind, of course) light up. YUK!

Most definitely people who don't pick up after their 4-legged furry friends!  And I agree with Pancake Bill, either hubby or I will start up a conversation with "trespassers" on our site and thus far, all has ended with no bad feelings.  Seems too that once they know you, they are more considerate about not walking across your site (atleast this has been our experience thus far).

Happy and safe travels  :)

Wow!For once I can say that here in Jersey I have encountered none of those things to be problematic.Some loud music occasionally (oh that's me).Very polite folks ordinarily.We know how to live in close quarters. ;D

Wow,
some of you guys need to lighten up. not everyone was born with camp etiquette. different things annoy us, but I don't know that persons circumstance. get to know your neighbors and politely educate them. they will pass it on and before long all will be better and you have made a new friend. being outdoors is a great experience. being in close quarters in an RV park can be trying. boondocking eliminates most of these, but you don't meet your next BF.

RVing is a great adventure, cant wait to get on the road again.

Happy trails till we meet again

Well it looks like it's almost a tie between:

Not picking up after your pet
People cutting across your campsite

If we are sitting outside and someone cuts across our site, I always ask "can I help you"....they always look confused.  ;) 

Well since i am a full time Rver and have camped for many many yrs i dont mind kids,i like Gary enjoy children playing,rather see them doing that than screaming and fighting. Kids are entertaining to us older folks any how,reminding me what it was like  when i was they,re age,dog poop doesnt bother me too too much i just step over it,of course i dontlike it but i wont let it ruin my time either.People  through my site,you know i dont think in all the rs camping i ever had that problem.or if did cant remember it. I like what one said on here,start talking to them,lol Someone before on another site mentioned  tying rope around perimeter,

threeful said:
To those wanting to open a Campground, I've summarized what the requirements are from the above...we want a CG that has: (This list is Just in Fun)

1.  No kids.
2.  No trespassing signs on our site.
3.  Pets with laryngitis.
4.  Pets that understand the grass on our site is different that the grass at the dog walk.
5.  Or be genetically altered to be "poopless"
6.  A La Carte CG pricing.
7.  More utilization of the 2nd Amendment.
8.  Ban Campfires or sell smokeless wood (What...no more Smores!!)
9.  More tolerance for "old" people's "pet peeves' (LOL).

I am glad we aren't kids anymore...we would never want to go camping!!
Wow I am near your age group, but I hope I never get that old.  My wife and I love all kids, isn't that what a family experiance (camping) is all about?  Yes there are always some annoyances, but COME ON NOW this is camping.  If you want peace and quiet, you can always go to a cemetary.  Not much to bother you there.

I am with last comment,we need to relax more as a nation,too uptight.Hmm could be why we have such high blood presure???????lol
Ive camped for more yrs than i want to say and always enjoyed self,only time ive got real upset with kids is when they  urinated in the  hot tub and bragged about it to boot,and hogged it so adults couldnt enjoy it,we worked at a place and i kicked the kids out after fnal strwa when they threw things at the other kid sitting in hot tub and i got it in the face,,,,out they went,other than that i love the out doors,as said earlier ive never had them go through my camp site,but then ive always had my 100 lb German shepherd with us,,that could be why?????????????????LOL

People who can't seem to read the rule for the park that they are staying in. Drive way to fast for a campground, failing to pick up after their dogs, cutting through your camp site, load noise, and parking where they bock your site. The number of people that don't read the rules is large compared to those who do.

We have just been RVing a little over a year, so we're not qualified to vote in this poll. Heck, our complete experience is not more than 45 or 50 nights the whole time, some in RV parks, some in state parks, some boondocking. We do have a question though. How do you know when you are walking through someone else's site? I mean, right where the picnic table, slab, electric post, sewer and water hook ups are is pretty obvious. But they are pretty much in a very concentrated area. Does walking in front of someone's MH when they have the curtains drawn constitute trespassing? What about going past at the rear? Some are tight quarters, and some are spread out. Enlighten us, please.

Thanks,
Stan and Becky

Back
Top Bottom