replacing kitchen sink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone! My son and I are fixing up a 1981 Fleetwood trailer and have a question about replacing the kitchen sink.  Why do RV sinks have only a 2 inch drain? Does this mean that you can't replace an RV sink with a sink from Home Depot with a 4 inch drain?  I'm completely new to this RV thing but I'm having fun fixing up this old dirty (really dirty) trailer.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your restoration project.  I'm sure you and your son will be creating memories even before you head out on the road!

I'm also planning to replace our kitchen sink in our 40' motorhome with one from Home Depot.  I don't know the reason mfgrs use the 2" drain but can't imagine any reason we can't use standard sinks so long as we can make them fit.

Thanks for the quick reply!  I still don't get it...why all the catalogs for RVs show the sink with the 2 inch drain. We replaced the countertop with a laminate one from Ikea that looks like granite. I'll post some before and after photos after we put in the new laminate flooring.  Cheers!

Sandy,
You need a tail piece that installs into the 4" hole and has a 2" PVC (usually) pipe coming out. This will have a gasket under the flange inside the sink and a nut below to hold it in. Home Depot or Lowes or any hardware store.
Ernie

Ernie...thanks.  That's just the information I needed.  There's not a whole lot of space before the black t trap pipe begins. (I hope that's what you call it!) so I was wondering if there would be enough room for the "graduated" pipes.  Sorry I don't know the correct lingo.  They run from me at Home Depot!

i atually just changed mine and i bought the new one on line at a camper supply store.  it came with regular size drain hole and i bought the strainers at home depot.  the wast line is still the same size so it fit perfect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom