crap!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John, considering the topic subject, it covers pretty much anything :)

John you ever sail into the Little Abaco series of islands?  Where we tore the engine up was in Carter Cay.

Phelpo

hey did I see a corgi in your pics?    We have Bailey 14 month old tri color......if so I knew there was something
I liked about you.....just couldn't put my finger on it. then I was some Wyoming pics,  moved from there in 1986.. Casper that is.

Phelpo

Hey Sassy looks like our first Corgi, Boomer.......they are great dogs.  I'm off to the rig to met the mobile
rv mech, hopefully and prayerfully it will be a small problem.

Oh, I found out the water hose reel's power comes from the same source as the power cord reel.

Phelpo 

budpat22 said:
An RV is a hole in the road now which you pour money!!!

Best RV is a comfortable van and stay at a bed & breakfast.....

budster.
My hole in the road costs a lot less than a mortgage payment. And it cost way less than any bead and breakfast.

I have a lot of respect for the Coasties who risk their lives in many cases to serve others.  Unfortunately they sometimes wind up risking their lives due to poorly educated boaters possibly operating poorly maintained or inadequately equipped vessels.  Over many years of boating and listening to countless hours of marine VHF channel 16, we heard a little bit of everything.  Once I remember a boater calling the Coast Guard saying their anchor was dragging.  The weather was nice and the caller was somewhere around the waterway.

You're right John.  I've seen many dumb things, too.  We call it: "Saving the Boaters from Themselves".  ;D

At least it's steady work...and it paid for my RV.  People ask me why did I get an RV instead of a boat?  I tell them when I break down, at least I can walk for help.

Best Regards!

I once, as a teen, took a 21' whaler off the coast of SC to fish, after leaving the second fuel tank sitting in the 7-11 parking lot. That was an Oh Crap Day! Got towed back by another friendly fisherman. All's well that ends well.

Quick story...

I was relocated to Orlando from Dallas and we had our 28' sailboat transported from Lake Texoma to a marina on the Florida west coast (north of Hudson Bend).  I had a slip arranged in Hudson Bend so I made arrangements for myself to single-hand the boat offshore from point a to point b (our new marina.)

It wasn't a long trip - forgot how long it should have been.  Left in the afternoon and got about a mile offshore and went hard aground on a falling tide (it is very shallow there.)  No water, no food - it was going to be a short trip.  All of the provisions were safely locked up in the car ashore  ::).

Called our new marina on the VHF asking for my cooler to be brought out to the boat.  No problem - it will be xx$ an hour.  Fine - I'm hungry and thirsty - whatever.  He came out in a dingy (I'm about a mile offshore and the new marina was a couple of miles south) that won't plane - it had like a 5 or 6 horse motor on the transom.  An hour later he comes out to my hard aground sailboat to get the keys to unlock the car.  Back to shore.  Unlock the car, grab the cooler.  Dingy the cooler to me.  Dingy back.  The meter is running.

Then Florida Marine Patrol stops by and informs me I can't anchor in the channel.  I was hot, tired, hungry, thirsty, embarrassed - it was a darn good thing I didn't have a weapon of mass destruction handy.

Jane was safely and comfortably housed back in Orlando so I felt the need to share my misery (we do like company.)  Further adding to the expense of the weekend I phoned her via the marine operator.  I'll bet everybody listening had a good laugh, so did we when the bill arrived.

As I recall, I did throw out the anchor, spent the night in the channel (not a busy one fortunately) and putted in the next morning to our new marina.

ok one of my stupid boating mess ups, (no blodd involved in this one)  the dw and I buy a
32' Downeaster and sail it out of West Palm Beach, since we were from Wyoming we promised
ourselves we would not do any overnighters til we got better at sailing.  Well we are sailing along down the coast going south, and after many hours stop a water tower, great we'll know where we are......well we hardly moved much down the coast due to the current.  Current,
what is that, that is supposed to be in rivers, right?  Well sure enought the sun goes down
and we have not reached our portyet, even with the diesel running, so turn on the light so those fishing folks can see us, well the darn port light will not come on, so I turn on the house lights,  finally we get to the entrance we are looking for and slowly turn into the intercoastal,
but where to go?  It is like midnight now so we turn south and run into the coastguard inspecting a go fast boat, next they pull us over and board us, great.....ask what the heck are you doing out here at this time, I tell them that is a damn good question,  anyway we ak where
a marina is and he says well I can't recomend anyone but if you go under the next drawbridge
you might find one, sure enought there was one and we ran smack damn into a piling and bent
the life lines,

You guys are making me nervous.  Looking at moving from
sail to RV  and guess I better hurry before my luck runs out.
only problem is that damn pond.  maybe they ought to build
a bridge.....
Rickf

Rick lots of ex-boaters and current boaters here.  Our Horizon was supposed to be a used 42' Nordhaven - my plan was to take it to Europe and cruise around there for a couple of years.  I even had a marina picked out in London  ???

Back
Top Bottom