Driving like a dream

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

PatrioticStabilist

Well, about $2000-$2500 or so later the coach is driving like a dream.  We took it out today and drove about 50 or so miles so Tom could see if all his work paid off. He said if we had hired it done likely closer to $5k.

He has added Trac Bar, Tru Center, Air Helper Springs.  Then the dash mounted air compressor stuff for the bags.  I had the front end aligned and new Bilsteins on the front and he put new ones on the back. The shocks were either worn out in front or not heavy enough for the motorhome or something.

All the items he added helped some each time but now its good to go.  Like he said should have come like this from the factory.

We both drove to see how it did.  On a 2 lane road met semis and weren't blown off, one or two went around on 59 not a problem.  And today it was raining with some wind.

Sue Anne no longer was saying whoa mom we are swimming, didn't know how to describe the feel before.  Sway? wallowing?  I don't know.  None of that severe dipping when pulling out of driveways and you hit the gutter.

We also have all new tires, but that was just needed and all new batteries. They have not shown anything but fully charged since put in.  I think my ideal pressure is about 82 to 5 in the front and close to 90 n the back.  Also he said to adjust the pressure down in the bags if I start getting rough riding in the rear.  I just can't believe the difference in the ride.  Will tell you more after we drive to Padre Sept 20, but I see no reason for it not to be good.  YEAH RAH!!.

He is replacing the sprayer head on t he toilet,it was cracked.  I don't know of anything else.  Well he did redo the entertainment center so everything works right and isn't jerryrigged.

For now we will manually stop the satellite dish.  If it can't be fixed, sounds like maybe no, next year I will get a new one.

Back
Top Bottom