Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is. And an RV in one of the adj parks is the absolute best way to experience it.

And I'll probably be hosting a pre Fiesta RVForum Mini-Rally. You better act fast as RV sites are reserved long in advance. Their might have been cancelations and a good spot come up.

Oh no! I was worried about that. A few people have asked me where to stay during the fiesta. I sent them a link of campgrounds near-by, hopefully there are still a few sites left near the pkwy.

Where are you planning to host the Mini-Rally? That sounds like fun

For anyone else who's planning to go, reserve a campsite now!

In conversations with my brother in Aiken SC,  last night and today, I have to keep myself free to travel, so I hope somone else jumps in and sets one up. My mother's death is imminent and then the intierment will be in the Natioinal Cemitary at Gettysburg on top of her WW II war hero husband.

I would much rather be planning a mini-rally!

The Fiesta is very entertaining.  I have been several times including when I lived in the Albuquerque area, and we plan to go this year.  Mass ascensions take place each year on Saturday and Sunday the first two weekends in October.  That is what you want to see.  Plan on early morning arrival at the field (at or before dawn).  By noon, you will be headed out to explore other interests.  We plan to arrive in NM mid-week (before the second weekend).  We have reservations at Cochiti Lake (north of Albuquerque off I-25).  You might want to check on that if no space is available in town.

Wife and I volunteered last year to set up the four campgrounds at the event. We were there for about five weeks. Three weeks to set it up and the last two we were parking the rigs in the campgrounds. Never worked so hard in my life. Really enjoyed the baloons. Probably were 150 to 200 at one time. We stayed at the campground where the baloons flew over at about 30 to 50 ft. We could even talk to the pilots as they flew by. Well worth going to see. Good luck  Bob.

Back
Top Bottom