EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Rear suspension question  (Read 121 times)

VelvetLounger

Rear suspension question
« on: November 30, 2017, 02:15:22 PM »
Hi. I recently bought a PD4106. Im having an issue with the rear suspension. Even when the air bags have no air pressure left the right rear side continues to be elevated way higher than normal. This is also true when there is pressure. The right rear is always much higher. I know nothing about air suspension, but I guess thats my next thing to learn. Any ideas on what this could be? I can provide photos if that helps.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:22:00 PM by VelvetLounger »

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
Re: Rear suspension question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 03:39:49 PM »
I'm no expert, but a typical air suspension had 3 ride height adjusters. Either 2 in the front and one in the back or 2 in the back and one in the front. Ride height being out of adjustment could explain your situation when the air bags are inflated, but when the air is completely let out the coach should go down to the stops on both sides. This may not be perfectly level depending on weight balance the how level the ground is, but it should be close. It would seem that something is preventing the right side from going down to the stops. You need to have the rear suspension inspected. Sorry, I know this isn't much help.
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Utclmjmpr

• ---
Re: Rear suspension question
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:40:23 PM »
 Your 06 has the two height leveling valves in the back,,look for a vertical rod (about 3/8 diameter) hooked to a horizontal arm in front of the axle housing at each end,,,you can "adjust" by bending one or the other to adjust the end to end length of the rod..
   By bowing the rod, you shorten the end to end length,,and IF,, the horizontal "arm" is mounted at the top,, you will lower the coach
 ON THAT SIDE.. The reverse is to straighten the rod to lift the coach ON THAT SIDE

If sometime in its life the valves have been replaced with late generation types,, you can adjust the rods at one end by sliding the rod up or down after loosening the clamp  DON'T DO THIS WHILE UNDERNEITH THE COACH WITHOUT BLOCKING!!! >>>Dan

Which year is the coach?? Mine was a 62 and I converted and owned it 14 years..
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:46:25 PM by Utclmjmpr »
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.
President Western GM Coach chapter FMCA

Hosted by Over The Network