Limited budget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinner12002

I'm new to this and will be retiring early from the construction industry while I still have some good health and have been trying to get a feel for how much this full timing thing will cost me a week. I've seen some sites listed as LTVAs that only run about $150-180 for 6-7 months. Are those practical or am I trying to think too cheap? I've seen some too that were $1200 for 3 months or about $13-14 a day plus elec. I hope to be able to park and take day rides out to diff locations on the Harley and return at nite. Any input as to your diff costs per week and what I should expect. I was hoping to get by on about $200-300 or less per week. All equip will have been paid for so all I would have is day to day expenses and of course we can't forget insurance coverage for truck and trailer.

Have you considered workamping or camp hosting? You can get a free hookup site and/or money in exchange for work.

Wendy

We pay from $165 per month plus electricity to as much as $340 per month plus electricity depending on what part of the country we are in.
We have have paid $1000 for six weeks in NH. Much of the east coast is very high.

The BLM land LTVAs don't have hook ups so you will have to either drive over to the dump site every few days and get water or get pumped out by a honey wagon or have water delivered or haul it yourself. Getting pumped out and having water delivered isn't real cheap.

Some people do boondock for months and enjoy it but it's sure not for me.

One of our members (Kirk) full times doing volunteer work.  They have a web site with information that I think you will find most useful.  The site is at http://www.adventure.1tree.net/

If you want to go toodling around on your bike, you can go toodling around on your days off. Or you can work 6 months out of the year, save up your earnings and then travel the rest of the year. Some folks workamp for the camp site, some for the money, others just because they enjoy working and helping out.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom