1985 Coleman Redwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

campingirl

Hello, Just wrote my first post, went to preview and spell check and lost it. It was too long anyway. So I'll say hello and just post the basics. I bought for $800.00 a vintage, like me, tent trailer. It needed some tender loving care, new tires, and bearings. Other than that it's pretty solid. Perfect for me. I've spent the past couple of weeks working on it and will leave in a few hours for a 2 night trial run close to home!

I fixed a couple of things in a creative way and thought I'd share my solutions. The outside cover for the electrical extension cord was missing. 2.5 inches in diameter. Searched high and low and on line to no avail. My solution: an old blue ice bag that I found on the shelf. Cut off the ring and screw on lid, put a couple of rounds of duct tape on the ring, sprayed both pieces a nice metallic brown and it fits perfectly! Found an irrigation plug that screws into the outside sink drain connection. My little popup had an awning railing but no awning. Bought a nice waterproof shower curtain at a thrift store. It's already hemmed and just the right size. Just sewing in a pocket for the 1/4 inch metal rod that I bought at Home Depot. Advertised on freecycle.com for "rigid tent poles" and a kind soul donated two poles from a dining awning that they no longer have. Again perfect and so cheap.

I think I'm enjoying this more than if it was brand new! We've both seen a lot of life but will see much more together.  I'm enjoying reading about your solutions and adventures. Happy Voyage!e

Welcome  campingirl,
Pop ups can be so much fun we have a 12 foot Jayco and a 25 foot camper
but we use the pop up more cause its ez to pull and carry canoes on top.
One thing when in bear contry you still gotta hang your food , in a tree
we learned that the hard way.
starman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom