Replacing the instrument cluster on a Winnebago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Miskie

My name is Mike Miskie and I'm New to the forum.  I have a 2004 Winnebago adventurer and I have to replace the instrument cluster.  I have a workhorse chassis and the cluster is made by Actia.  Is there anything special or unique that I should be aware of before I flip up the little doghouse over the cluster?

I replaced mine years ago and it wasn't too tough.
There are screws on the front and some (8?) on the back. I didn't have enough slack in the cables connecting to the dash panel to get the screws on the back and needed to disconnect the connectors from the three rocker switches on the right side of the dash. I couldn't figure how to get the connectors to unplug so ended up pushing the switches out through the front of the dash so I get the connectors off. I had the required slack then. After that the job was easy.

Thanks for the information.  I did get the job done.  Of course in the process I must have shorted out my levelers so I guess I'll hunt down the control box and start testing the fuses.  Thanks again.

I need to replace my instrument cluster also, any place special to order one , at what cost? We are in Springhill, Fl.  We also are looking for a Workhorse dealer to replace brakes per recall. Any recomendations?? or beware's for dealers nearby?

I got mine under warranty in 2004 but some people have reported that Actia has a trade in deal for a refurbished IP. I don'trecall the cost exactly but I think it was over $300.
You might want to call them and check it out.

I just had my recall done in CO so can't help you with FL.

rayjens adventure said:
We also are looking for a Workhorse dealer to replace brakes per recall. Any recomendations?? or beware's for dealers nearby?

http://www.workhorse.com/
There are two links to the right side of the page. The 2nd link to choose a "SELECT" workhorse service center are the ones that Workhorse made arrangements with to cut a deal on any additional brake work that may need done.

If it were mine, I would do what Clay suggested...CALL THEM and get the rebuilt one directly from Actia, as it is updated with the new graphics and is half price of the one that Workhorse will get you! (same unit).

Michael Miskie said:
Thanks for the information.  I did get the job done.  Of course in the process I must have shorted out my levelers so I guess I'll hunt down the control box and start testing the fuses.  Thanks again.

On my 2002 Itasca Sunrise the connector for the jack controls is pretty short and usually comes unplugged when the doghouse is raised.  Check it out - Likely that is all it is.

FrontrangeRVer said:
If it were mine, I would do what Clay suggested...CALL THEM and get the rebuilt one directly from Actia, as it is updated with the new graphics and is half price of the one that Workhorse will get you! (same unit).

http://www.actiaus.com/diagnostics/images/whcusa.pdf

FrontrangeRVer said:
Thanks for the good link Charlie!

Mark,

I have read it several times...and still in foggy bottom of brain. For non warranty replacement.... a customer still has to go through a WH service center to get a refurbished unit..?

I agree with you, now days, I tend to lean toward refurbished electronics..could be they actually have some level of human QC before they are resold. 8)

Charlie

Charlie, the way I understand this rebuilt replacement, is that if and when yours fails, you can just go direct through Actia and not through WH......I'm pretty sure I have read that others have done this too without having to be approved by WH.

This instrument panel is only for WH chassis, and is not a Ford product (to answer other question above).

FrontrangeRVer said:
Charlie, the way I understand this rebuilt replacement, is that if and when yours fails, you can just go direct through Actia and not through WH......I'm pretty sure I have read that others have done this too without having to be approved by WH.

This instrument panel is only for WH chassis, and is not a Ford product (to answer other question above).

Mark,

That's one way I read it too...I'll go with that assumption.

Charlie

I do understand that this particular instrument panel was for a workhorse instrument  panel only. Perhaps I should have asked if anyone having a ford has replaced their instrument panel and if so where did you find the replacement panel? Maby I should start another thread?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom