Potential Birdog Satellite meter problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
If you have internet satellite and have a Birdog meter, you run the risk if damaging the meter if you do not use it and charge the battery at least once a month. I just learned this  from the company that does the US servicing of these meters.  (see: http://www.pacesetterelectronics.com/)

It seems that when the Birdog meter is shut off, the display is shut off, BUT the microprocessor remains powered all the time. If the battery is not charged at least once a month, you run the risk of having the voltage drop to the point where some damage could occur to the meter. Since I found this out the hard way, I though that I would pass it on to the rest of you so you won't have the problem.. The other option is to disconnect the battery when the meter is stored for more than a month. Anytime the battery is disconnected,or the meter is reprogrammed, the battery charge indicator is reset to 0, even if the battery has a full charge.

Chet18013

Thanks for the heads up Chet. I guess I need to change my routine. We use the coach only a few months a year and that's the only time I set up the dish and use the BD.

Wow.  Thanks for the heads up Chet.  Guess it use it or lose it.  Fortunately I have not had any problem.  Probably because I use mine birdog quite often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom