generator battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

82 Honey 27

i know this has been beat to death and there is no standard answer. but my generator battery has 2 red wires and one blue one. what would be a good guess as which is hot and which is ground?? it is on a 1988 rexair by rexall class a. thanks, mike

Just in fun... are you a Republican or a Democrat?  Makes a big difference. (Red and Blue).

Couldn't help myself....sorry !

carson FL

Assuming the battery is still in place, it should be easy to distinguish positive from negative by looking at the top of the battery.  If you have already removed the battery, and have no other reference, then metering the wires for continuity to ground would be the next step.

thanks guys. i finally figured it out with an ohmmeter. assuming it has a negitive ground!! that was funny cason!!  ;D ;D

while we are on the subject, what would happen if you got the cables reversed?? would the generator spin backwards and would it damage anything?  thanks, mike

82 Honey 27 said:
while we are on the subject, what would happen if you got the cables reversed?? would the generator spin backwards and would it damage anything?  thanks, mike

I'll let Carson or JFD answer this one, but my guess is that the generator would sit still and the world would spin backwards.  ;)

Here is my answer... Haven't a clue what would happen.... ;)

John, you are up next..

Thanks Lou,

Carson

As has been proven......correct battery connections make the A/C blow,reversing polarity makes it suck! (as in not work) ;D

thanks as usual from a nubie. the problem was that the gen would not start!!  it would try but never start. i thought i might have the cables on the battery reversed and it was spinning backwards. well actually the choke was sticking closed and flooding the engine. i fixed that and it is working great!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seebreeze--If you are talking about the rooftop A/C, it is 120 volts alternating current so the polarity theoretically can't be reversed but regardless, the blower will run in the same direction.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom