guess i gotta change my name!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

82 Honey 27

going to sell the 82 honey. i found and purchased a 1988 airex 29-30 foot class A. it think we are going to like it a lot better. it has the tandem rear axles, dual ac, 6.5 onan and 47,000 miles. got to get me an awning though. hard to believe it has never had one on it!!!

Maybe you don't need an awning. We hardly ever use ours. Then you could call yourself "noawning" :)

Wendy

Is there no loyalty  :mad:    Don't throw out the baby with the wash water :-*  I went from a Seabreeze to an Eagle but remain true to my heart seabreeze, oh how easy it is to regress :'(

We use our awning when we want to set outside on a sunny day, or to shade the windows on that side on a hot day.  We learned the hard expensive way to put it away when not in use.

I had window awnings installed on a previous coach. Never  used the big awning after that. Our present coach came with window awnings. I may have opened the big one about 8 times in 10 years! Using window awnings keeps the coach cool in the sun and one doesn't have to worry nearly as much about sudden wind storms that can pop up and destroy a big awning!

Jim,

Amen to that.  We learned the hard way to put the awning away when not in use.  We were camped on Assateague Island at the Maryland shore.  Had the awning out with the hold down straps anchored in the sand, had the awning "deflappers" on, went to bed after a beautiful sunny day.  Woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a giant trying to rip the awning off our coach.  The wind had come up & we would have lost the awning but for the help of some other campers who had a lot of experience rolling up awnings in windy conditions.  Now the awning goes in when not in use.

Mike,

I always told customers during an orientation to never, ever leave the awning out unattended.  :) I came close to losing one many years ago. We were at a Bounder rally in Clermont, FL. Went off on a beautiful, sunny day. A mini tornado came near the campground and I thought for sure the awning was toast. Turned out it missed the campground. Never left one out again. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom