Lifetime fishing license

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Chris picked up a CA DFG brochure which talks about lifetime state fishing licenses. I checked the CA regulations for prices and see that a lifetime license for someone over 62 is $300. The annual license fee is currently $41.50, which I suspect will increase significantly over the next few years as CA continues to struggle with it's huge fiscal deficit.

I'm not sure how the annual special stamps are dealt with on a lifetime license. Anyone have any clue?

I jokingly told Chris that I'd need to live more than 7 years for the annual license to make sense. She replied "I'm planning on you being around more than 7 years, so buy the lifetime license".

Does anyone have a lifetime fishing license for your respective state?

I bought an Arkansas Life time Hunting and Fishing combination license when I turned 65 and I've had it going on to nine years now, $35.00. We do however have to buy Duck stamps. I guess that's because they are Federal.

Here in Maryland we don't have a lifetime fishing license but seniors over 60 only pay $5.00 a year and that includes salt water, fresh water and trout stamp.

Louisiana offers a lifetime hunting and fishing license but I am unsure of the price.

Here in Florida they were free when I got mine about 15 years ago. Not sure if they still are.I have become too lazy to fish anymore and am contemplating selling my john boat. It hasn't been in the water for about 1 1/2 years now.

Have fun, Jerry

I have one from Colorado. It was free to disabled folks. Maybe someday I'll get a fishing pole and go use it :)

Wendy

Wendy,

I've been known to (attempt to) teach forum members how to fish or, more accurately, how to cast a fly at a rally. So go buy that pole and join us at the "fishing rally" Marsha is planning.

I also have a AR lifetime license. It was $10.50 when I got mine. (The cost of a regular 1 yr resident license) as far as I know there is no nonresident version.

Tom said:
Wendy,

I've been known to (attempt to) teach forum members how to fish or, more accurately, how to cast a fly at a rally. So go buy that pole and join us at the "fishing rally" Marsha is planning.

He taught me at the 49er rally in Plymouth.  He's a good teacher.  His student .... not so much!  ;)

Margi

DW and I both bought one here in KS for $442.00 each last year.  In our mid 30's, we figure it will more than pay for itself.  In KS, residents are not required to have a hunting or fishing license after age 65.  Migratory gamebird, Sandhill Crane, deer and turkey permits are required, however.  Not sure how that works if one is not required to have a license. 

For some strange reason it it less expensive to purchase a lifetime combined fresh & salt water license than a fresh water one, at least until you are over 70.
Combined - $450.00, Fresh water - $460.00, Salt Water - $150.00. 
Link to All NY Lifetime licenses.

Tom said:
Wendy,

Sign me up ! But only if I get to toss the poor babies back after I catch them....of wait, IF I catch them :)

Wendy

I just bought a 'lifetime' boaters license here in Ontario. I imagine the reality is that it will be good for the lifetime of the current government not my lifetime. Is skepticism part of becoming older, or is that realism setting in?

Tom, I received a full fly fishing package when I retired. Rod/gear/clothes, and the nicest hat I have never worn.  One day I actually hope to get some of it wet. I have never fly fished before but would love to take it up. Watching an accomplished fly fisherman at work is memorizing.

That said I am off this week to northern Ontario to the French River/ Lake Nipissing in search of Pickerel/Walleye, Pike, and Muskie.  I think I spent about $300 on tackle at Bass Pro in the past couple weeks. I never 'need' anything but I sure do find stuff to buy when I'm there.  Fly-Fishing will have to wait until next year.

I'm afraid after this trip it will be time to winterize the RV and get back to playing poker. :(

Edit to add: I'm glad I mentioned cards on my 52nd post :)

deal, understand what you mean about not needing anything, but ending up spending lots of money at Bass Pro or Cabela's.

Enjoy the trip, and be sure to post a photo of the big one. Photos of the river and surrounding area would be welcome too.

Tom said:
Does anyone have a lifetime fishing license for your respective state?

I have a pioneer license for both hunting and fishing in Oregon......good for life (mine) :). Still have to pay for tags, special hunts, etc. Issued free to those over 65 and with 50 years residency in the state.

Here in Alaska, over 60 license is free for residents.  There is some talk starting about a lifetime license ten times the cost of an annual license here, I would buy one for hunting & fishing.

Robert, does your lifetime license include a lifetime striper stamp? If not, that might be why those stripers behind your house don't leap on your rattletrap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom