20 yr old travel trailor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkiker

I have a 20 yr old travel trailer that has paid for itself many times, want to buy a new one. Want a 26 or 28 footer, can't seem to find a sight that would list the top 5 or 10 models without buying a book or membership. I just want a list of the top 10 models so that I can start my research on which one I want/can afford. Any help out there ??

You won't find that list because nobody can agree on one. Can't even agree on what criteria would be used to get on the list. Build quality? Features and amenities? Carrying capacity? Road manners & handling? Travel trailer or fifth wheel?

In any given price range, you will find that RVs are more alike than different. The more they squeeze the price down, the more cut corners on materials, framing, wheels & axles, quality or wiring and plumbing, etc.  To that end, I would suggest looking at the more upscale brands and buying an older one to get fit into your budget if necessary.

Some of the better brands are mentioned in this thread:
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=36294.0

Also see the section in the Forum Library on Buying An RV.

I found a North Trail, has one of the best floorplans I've seen, (NT26BRSS 33'6"). Reduced price at $26,999. Lots of good features (more + than -). Sales rep says that it is made by Starcraft who is owned by Jaco.
What is your opinion on this brand ?

Basically i would shy away from anything Fleetwood.  Other than that I would say in the used market it is all dependent on the condition of the RV and how well it has been taken care of by previous owners.

I am only looking to buy new. Are you saing that this model is made by Fleetwood ??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom