1990 Fleetwood Limited Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WingsWillWin

Hello all,

I'm new to the site and just purchased a 1990 Fleetwood Limited 36', 32,000 miles and seems to be in quite nice condition.  I believe it's been in Southern California during it's lifetime.  I'm relatively inexperienced with RV's (only owned a newer 5th wheel once before) and would love any input or assistance in getting all my bases covered.  I've tried searching the forum/web regarding these specifics but haven't found many direct answers yet.  First, I've started some interior updating, removing old carpet, etc.  I've decided to put in the Allure vinyl in mid-section, vinyl tile in bathroom and carpet in bedroom and very front-doghouse area.  I'm curious if anyone recommends putting an underlay under the Allure planks or straight over the plywood?  Also any particular product for thermal/sound insulation under the carpet in front/doghouse area.  The old stuff looked like a thin grey, dark foam material glued under the carpet.  I also picked up "Roberts 6700 Carpet adhesive" which should hopefully hold the carpet well to the fiberglass?

In regards to the mechanics and electric aspects, I did my best to evaluate the coach before buying and it generally appeared in pretty solid condition given the age and price.  I'm not very experienced especially in terms of mechanical/electrical so any help would be appreciated.  I mostly use the internet, manuals and common sense to figure this all out.  If anyone has any pdf manuals for 1990 Fleetwood Limited or related years/models I would greatly appreciate the help.  I tried calling Fleetwood directly a few times but nobody has returned any of my calls regarding older manuals.  Some related info: John Deere/Oshkosh Chassis (1989?), Ford 460, Onan "Marquis III" Generator (I'm assuming this model name changed as I can't find anything when searching for a manual with this name). 

The coach has a couple of issues that the seller (small auto/boat/rv dealer) wasn't sure about but hopefully someone can help me troubleshoot:  One is the fuel gauge, currently it is all the way flat passed the full mark and doesn't move at all.  Not too sure if it's something I can troubleshoot or not or where to start.  All the other gauges seem to be working fine.

Another issue is a bedroom A/C unit.  The front A/C unit works well (both Coleman) and the seller said the rear unit works but that I can only run one A/C unit at a time on generator. He wasn't sure how to switch it over but said it was probably a switch somewhere.  As that seemed to be the only issue I figured I could find out how once I purchased.  Not even sure whether both can theoretically work at the same time on generator power?  If anyone has any knowledge of hidden switches in this model to change from front A/C to back, that would also be appreciated.  I've looked everywhere.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of additional questions regarding this lovely coach, but if anyone is familiar with this model/year I would love to find out more as I was given no manuals or much information about the unit.

Thanks again,

Lincoln

Welcome to the RV Forum, Lincoln.

Most likely you can run both a/c's on the  generator - it should be at least 4 kw and maybe 5 kw. There is usually a switch somewhere to put the rear a/c on the genset. There may also be a switch that allows you to select which a/c runs when on shore power, where the total power is indeed limited (I'm assuming you have a 30A shore power, right?).

Manuals are by component and not for the whole coach. You need to find  a Coleman a/c manual, fridge manual, water heater manual, etc. Identify the make and model of each appliance/component that you have and search for the manuals online - many are readily available. If you check the RESOURCES link on this site, you will find links to several sites that have manuals for RV components.

By the way, you are also eligible to join the American Coach Association (The Limited was the forerunner of today's American Coach) and the American Coach Owners group on Yahoo. Both  excellent groups.

Thanks Gary,  I seem to recall the seller saying the Onan Marquis III was 6.8kw but not certain.  I'll check into each manual online for the appliances.  I tried searching for the John Deere Chassis manual and the Onan manual but as of yet have found none on line, but I'll definitely keep looking to acquire as many as I can!  Thanks for the info on the American Coach forums, I'll be sure to join them as well.

Would those generator/AC switches you mentioned usually be in a "convenient location" on the inside or more underneath or outside around the generator?  I couldn't see any switches around the fuse box area under the fridge or in any drawers etc. but I'll keep looking into it.

Thanks for the help!

-Lincoln

Check in the overhead cabinet above the sofa for the a/c switch.
J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom