We're finally here !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Ron,

Sorry, Im not too clear.....

The Expedition has a "Auto Locating Sat Dish" as standard - would this be just the dish ?

I would then need to buy the hardware to actually make the dish work ?

Thanks
Paul

Paul,

I suspect that's a TV dish, not an internet dish. The receiver that you need to receive the TV pictures probably isn't included because it depends on which company you wish to buy TV service from. But the receivers are quite cheap to buy and may even be free when rebates are taken into account. IIRC Direct TV has their new DVR receiver on offer right now for $199 with a $200 rebate, so you actually pay nothing.

For clarification, the Datastorm system that Ron mentioned is for satellite internet and it's highly unlikely it would be already installed on one of the new coaches you're looking at.

UK-RV said:
Thanks Ron,

Sorry, Im not too clear.....

The Expedition has a "Auto Locating Sat Dish" as standard - would this be just the dish ?

I would then need to buy the hardware to actually make the dish work ?

Thanks
Paul

The auto locating dish is most likely TV only and since the coach has the antenna or dish it should also have the TV Direct TV or Dish receiver included. ?I would suggest asking which system DTV or Dish is included and where the DTV or Dish receiver is located. ?Then have them demo that it works. ? ?There is a possibility that on a used coach the previous owner may have removed the receiver. ?If this is the case have Lazy Days install a new receiver as part of the deal. ?Oh at not additional charge of course.

:D Hi UK-RV (Paul) and welcome to the USA. Just as you arriving, we have only 2 weeks left before we have to fly back to the UK.  :( Never mind. All good things have to come to an end. We hope your search for the right RV is fruitfull and that your journey is as exiting and enjoyable as our's has been. Had some fantastic times. Seen some great sights and had loads of Fun. All the best.  ;)

Thanks JSW - have a safe trip back.

I have a new challenge now guys.......

Which would you chose out of the

Sportscoach at $113,500 = 35% OFF

or

Expedition at $137,500 = 22% OFF

???????

These are the best prices Ive got so far.

Paul

Paul,

Be craeful when comparing prices of two different coaches. You need to take all the options into account to be sure you're comparing apples with apples rather than tripe & onions with fish & chips.

Hi Ron

They have offered me the following used Bounder - ..a 2005 Bounder 38? triple slide U62563, suggested list is $181,900. and you can buy it today for $119,105. with a full trip through the shop for a pre-delivery inspection.

Or, an 05 Discovery with 8,000 miles on a 330HP Cat, 2 slides 38? in motion satellite, washer dryer, 4 door refrigerator, electric awning, leather, Cherry wood, with a booth, a non smoker, with no pets, it is due in around 1/28! The suggested list is $171,900. and you can put a hold on it until it gets here and I can send you pictures and a video with a $500. refundable for any reason deposit, for a selling price of $128,190

Paul

Tom - as the Expedition and Sportscoach both had similar MRRP c$173,000, I wasnt sure if you guys would automatically chose the one with the highest % Off Discount ?

I must admit we're looking toward the Expedition and are waiting to see if they will lower their asking price of $137k to c$130k.

UK-RV said:
I wasnt sure if you guys would automatically chose the one with the highest % Off Discount ?

Not me!

I must admit we're looking toward the Expedition and are waiting to see if they will lower their asking price of $137k to c$130k.

Make them an offer and be prepared to walk away (they might even come running after you). This is not like buying an automobile in the UK. If you wait for the price to come down, go home and come back next year to see if it's still on their lot. You're in the driving seat - it's your money. Offer $125K and let them counter offer at $130K and everyone walks away happy. Of course, if there's no profit in the deal they won't bite. But you have nothing to lose and they have more fat in the deal than they'll let on.

There are lots of dealers out there with lots of inventory, so be prepared to go elsewhere. Take along a towel and give it to the salesman or sales manager when they give you a sob story.

BTW put on your best poker face.

Like Tom said once you make a choice offer them something less than you are wanting to pay.? Be prepared to walk away.? Lazy Days will deal.? They won't loose money and they will make a profit but you can usually get them to go lower than you think.? Good luck on the negotiations.? That Expedition looked pretty nice from what one could tell from the link you posted.

Gee if you get the coach you want in time you could join us at the Quartzsite Rally.

Paul,

The question I would ask myself is "Why would they offer such a deep discount (35%) initially when the usual discount is around 25%?" Maybe they know something they're not sharing with you, and are using that as bait just to get it off their lot. Or it could be a consignment vehicle where the owner needs quick cash (illness, etc.). Every once in a while you'll stumble upon a deal that's too good to pass up and you will need to make a quick decision, but don't let yourself be pressured into buying by anything a salesman says. Also, don't be embarrassed to ask a lot of questions; you're making a large investment that you'll have to live with.

As a minor issue, I personally think an in-motion sat. dish is a waste of money. If your main reason for getting a coach is to see all the beautiful sights during your travels, it won't get much use. Even if you just use it to get from point "A" to point "B", it would still have limited use.

Paul,

The Discovery was always a level or two above the Bounder in fit and finish. There is a Discovery group on the Internet. Do a search and you may find some additional help from Discovery owners. They should know if there is a particular year or model to stay away from due to some type of problem. I would definitely stick with a Fleetwood product over a Sports
Coach. We owned two Bounders and were very happy. We now have an American Dream.

Karl said:
I personally think an in-motion sat. dish is a waste of money.

Me too Carl. But I think Paul's "Auto Locating Sat Dish" is like our King Dome - automatically finds the sat when stationary.

Karl

>> I personally think an in-motion sat. dish is a waste of money.<<

I have to disagree with you on this one...at least for my use.<G>

I love to watch all types of auto racing & travel a lot on Sundays.? With the in-motion dish I TiVo the races while driving & watch them later that night.? They are also good for stealth purposes while stopping in Rest stops, Walmarts Etc, I hate seeing folks raise their antennas as it is a indication they are staying for an extended period. I also used to listen to the? sat music stations while driving until I got my Ipod.?

If he is only talking about a dome without in-motion then I agree with you except for he stealth feature.

Terry,

You forgot to tell everyone you only drive where there are no trees or tunnels and very little rain!!! ;D ;D

WE DID IT !!

We placed our deposit on the Expedition 37U at Lazydays.

Now all we need to do is sort the Montana LLC and wire the funds from the UK.

I think we achieved a good price of $132,000 off an MSRP of $176,000 (straight 25% discount).

Regards
Paul

Congratulations on the Expedition.  Gee you can join us at the Quartzsite Rally now and show it off.  Glad you were able to make a deal you like.

Thanks Ron

I think we will be staying within a 100 mile radius of Lazydays for the first 2 weeks.

They were honest enough to say there are likely to be small issues we will want to have corrected, so it makes sense to stay close-by, rather than let a small problem escalate into a nightmare somewhere in Alaska.

Paul

PS We DO hope to make a few rallys and meet you all at some point. honest.

Back
Top Bottom